• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-10 Flight Jackets from Quartermaster-Belgium. Thoughts?

Dr H

Re: B-10 Flight Jackets from Quartermaster-Belgium. Thought

Looks interesting John - quite tempted as well.
If you do jump, please let me know what size you go for.
I wonder if they can supply without the shoulder stencil?

Dr H

It's a Belgian seller - do you know anything about the company, Marcel?

dujardin

alas no (sorryyyyyyyyyyyyy...)

maybe check6 can tell you more

:?:

Roughwear

I have had a look at the two A2 jackets on offer. There is a cowhide one and a more expensive horsehide A2. The horsehide A2 is based on a Monarch. It is seems to be quite a decent repro apart from the over large rivets used apply the collar hook. For an entry level A2 it is not at all bad.

foster

Just looking at the pictures, it looks similar to the B-10 repro I used to own from At The Front. The only differences from that one seem to be the zipper and the lining and label. Externally the fabric, AAF decal, and seam construction look the same.

CBI

Yes, I used to have an ATF B-10. The colors looks different with this one. I wonder if this one is less "poofy"??

foster

The lining is definitely different, this one looks more like alpaca whereas the At The Front one was longer length pile. The At The Front was definitely poofy... I upgraded to an Eastman and there was no going back!

Brent

Is it me or are the length measurements a bit short?

CBI

Yep, I think ELC would be the way to go but I don't care for their current offering and I don't want to pay the going rate. Its been hard to find a good deal on a used one. I will probably just keep looking.

As if I really need another jacket anyway!!!!!

dujardin

news and photo will follow tomorrow (by check6)

see youuuuuuuuuu

grommet

I don't think this is the same thing as the ATF one. The collar on the ATF jacket is real wool but looks more like a wool carpet than mouton (although this one is probably synthetic). Also, the Hap Arnold stencil on the wind flap looks different.

dujardin

comments by check6

Hello

Here are the B10, the xxxl size is larger and corresponds to a US 46/48

I changed the zipper puller with an original "TALON"

the jacket is correct, the tissue is equal and false "alpaca" is comfortable and very warm.

Just the width of the sleeves at the forearm is wider than the original in my opinion !!!

jacket has a good honest price goes well, just usaaf stencil that is too strong (flashy) for my taste.

frankly it's a good buy, the jacket with a patina wash (I did the test) and the port

ps : he provided some of the repros for FURY

foster

Isn't Godars the same as the ones by Spearhead / Barry Lyndon?

CBI

thanks - looks super after a wash and I can get the sleeves tampered here for $15. cool!!!!

thanks so much

CHECK6

Hello thanks to Marcel to post the pics of my B10 ,the sleeves are the only worst part of that jacket (IMO)but it can be easily fixed.
I changed the zipper puller cause the original one is weird and will not last long ,i took the puller from a 1950 field trousers relic.

I think that the B10 from QMI is good choice ,not a high end repro for the "experts" but i think it gots the right look ,a good quality for a fair price .

Fab ;)