• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATF B-10 Flight jacket 2021 Medium

Brettafett

As promised here are some pics of ATF's 'new' 2021 B-10 Flight Jacket.
Its a nifty little jacket, well-made, the steel seems quite strong, liner is super soft and comfortable (a lot more comfy than real alpaca)...

I will add some comparison pics, to ELCs B-15 also.
Wont comment much, let the pics do the talking.

This jacket is a Medium (as my ATD Tanker), but its a bit small. I can wear it, but its a bit trim under the arms and across the back, and of course, a bit short. This would ideally fit someone 5'8, medium build with a 38 chest, or thereabouts. This will go up for sale, if anyone is interested pm me, thanks.

From ATF's website :
OD7 cotton sateen exterior, fake fur lining (looks real but it's not...), mouton collar, Talon zipper, and realistic labels.
These are entirely new creations. Our B-10's are not sold by any other vendor. Our sizing is accurate, pattern correct and they are a very nice coat.
Fit: Order by normal chest size. These are slightly more roomy than originals- very similar in proportion to Tanker jackets.

Well, mine fits noticeably more snug than my Tanker, at the same size.

P1270417.JPG

P1270420.JPG

P1270422.JPG

P1270424.JPG

P1270425.JPG

P1270421.JPG

P1270423.JPG

P1270426.JPG

Carl

Collar "mouton" looks "thin" is that the case ??
Hows the lining ?? Itchy or not ??

Brettafett

Compared to my ELC B-10 size 40 L

Not bad really. ATF feels a bit beefier, very slightly, and 'stronger'...
P1270428.JPG

ATF's mouton is softer/ fluffier, but the mouton/collar also feels a touch thinner
P1270430.JPG

The sateen shell is a very similar colour, as are the knits, which feel quite a lot like my ELC B-15s
P1270431.JPG

Faux fur liner is superb! Its soft and comfortable, and does not 'itch' like the alpaca found on the high end repros often does...
P1270432.JPG

Labels. (ATF Made in Vietnam)
P1270434.JPG
ATF does not have the AAF decal, but you can see the jacket generally appears similar. Its very well made. Sticking is neat and tidy.
P1270435.JPG

Here you can see the collar is a bit thinner than ELCs
P1270436.JPG

Pockets on ATFs are slightly larger and has a more classic profile to the flap. Wonder what original contract these were copied from?
P1270438.JPG

The buttons, funnily enough, appear almost identical to those on the ELC. Plus there are a few spares incl. with the jacket.
P1270439.JPG

Not stamp on the windflap. Zipper is exposed (more like a B-15) and the waist knit could have been longer.
Std Silver talon with leather puller. Knit is nice and tight, not floppy.
P1270440.JPG

Brettafett

All-in-all for what its selling for, its a good little jacket. It will wear hard and keep you warm in winter.
Id say its in the same class as Bronson and Bob D, not better, not worse, just another 'take' on the B-10.
Its not perfect, as far as accurate detailing goes, but then we never expected it to be.. at this price.

Just be aware of the sizing, this M would fit better on the smaller end of their sizing M (37-40).
I think an L (41-44) for me, would have been a bit too roomy.

This fits more snug than my ATF Tanker in an M, which is a good fit.

As Im 5'10, 72kg/ 158+, 40" chest, athletic... Id say this jacket (M) would fit someone BEST at 5'8 or 5'9, of average build. Size up if unsure...

Carl

All-in-all for what its selling for, its a good little jacket. It will wear hard and keep you warm in winter.
Id say its in the same class as Bronson and Bob D, not better, not worse, just another 'take' on the B-10.
Its not perfect, as far as accurate detailing goes, but then we never expected it to be.. at this price.

Just be aware of the sizing, this M would fit better on the smaller end of their sizing M (37-40).
I think an L (41-44) for me, would have been a bit too roomy.

This fits more snug than my ATF Tanker in an M, which is a good fit.

As Im 5'10, 72kg/ 158+, 40" chest, athletic... Id say this jacket (M) would fit someone BEST at 5'8 or 5'9, of average build. Size up if unsure...
My size for sure then !! Do I need another B10 ???

Brettafett

For the US guys, its a great little jacket, selling for peanuts

For the UK/ EU guys... be careful
Jacket costs $189.99 (£135)
Plus shipping $45.50
Import fees $98+
Total $332.50 around £235 !!

So, its still way cheaper than a secondhand B-10 from Japan, quarter of a new ELC... but just be aware.

Id consider Bronson and Bob D, free postage, no import duties and easy returns.