• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATC Patch on my ELC RW 1401

unclegrumpy

herk115 said:
Maybe so...but notice the patch pictured is not the one my dad is wearing. You can see obvious differences. Every one of those patches has minor differences, as if they were hand made. I've done some screen printing of my own and in my experience the prints were much more uniform. But you could be right.
Now that you bring that up, I did notice the differences in the two patches, but I deleted that comment from my last post because I wasn't 100% sure and chickened out. :shock:

The patch on your Dad's jacket looks to me to fully embroidered rather than screen printed. As for the loose patch, I think if you looked at some 1930's/40's sports pennants and/or printed team emblems you would start to see that type of print process being used.

It is really neat to see the two variations of that patch....especially so since there is another version of the 49th BS that dates back to WW I that is a bit different.

19710507000.JPG

bseal

a2jacketpatches said:
I've been looking for photos of my ATC's but can't find them anywhere. Give me about a week as I make a few different variations, I've got a custom one to do already so I usually take the opportunity to make several since I'll be in the groove for it. What's the diameter you need to cover? These are about 5.5" with a border. Also, you can chech out my store to get an idea of what my work looks like.
http://stores.ebay.com/a2jacketpatches

ATC_AAF_colors.jpg