• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a Goodwear Doniger size 40?

I have an original Doniger size 40 and it fits better than any A2 I have/had, so as I plan to buy a Goodwear repro of the same jacket (when John takes orders), I'd like to confirm its proportions match. Anyone have one they can measure ?

Thanks,

Dan

asiamiles

horseback leader said:
I have an original Doniger size 40 and it fits better than any A2 I have/had, so as I plan to buy a Goodwear repro of the same jacket (when John takes orders), I'd like to confirm its proportions match. Anyone have one they can measure ?
Is your original not wearable, or can it not be made so? I doubt there are that many Goodwears of any model around in size 40 or under. I think most of John's jackets will be 42 upwards.

blackrat2

For what it is worth, why not see if JC will build you a jacket based on your original's size, assuming it fits you.
There was a gent a year or more back who had JC build a replica of a relatives original A2 even down to offset pockets.

Silver Surfer

back in the day, john used my original doniger, size 40, for a pattern. check with him for size comparisons, as my size 40 was not a skimpy size 40.

The jacket is indeed wearable. I wear it all the time. Got it from Andrew and truly my favorite. just be happy to have another just like it. Crazy, right?

Dan