• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any good luck charms or items you keep in your jackets?

ButteMT61

My Pop always has had a 1922 "Peace" silver dollar with him since he was a kid. I bought Ike (40% silver) proof dollars to put in all my WWII repros (A-2, ZG-1, etc) pockets. My other 30s'/50's styled jackets all have "Morgan" silver dollars from the 18XX's. Just a thing I do as I have been a numistmatist since I was a kid, so I like having something in each jacket.
The Ike's fit the WWII era for me, and the others just seem to match a classic American silver dollar.
Anyone else do things like that? Just curious :)

Andrew

Not for luck or superstition but I do have a pair of 3" sterling wings, a '41 zippo and a squadron patch by Ties in my A-2 pocket. All are repros so they can rub against each other for ageing, are symbolic of the era and are cool objects.

jack aranda

It is an odd thing to have on an A-2, I know, but, I have my Dad's Burma Road and CBI patches sewn on the inside lining of my GW.

Andreart

i have my old mans wings from ww2 in my elc and his good luck charm as a zip pull on an aero bronco repro.

sparidon

I have a capri bell my little boy gave me on my GW Bronco and an Acme Thunderer on my GW Dubow 1755.

ButteMT61

Seems us Bronco guys have something else in common :)
Thanks guys - interesting (to me anyways)

Atticus

Not easily visible in this photo...but hanging on the Star's zipper pull...is an ancient Vietnamese coin, the kind with a square hole in the middle. Wasn't there, but its my understanding that these coins were common good luck charms for those who flew in th' Nam.

Dscn0305.jpg

AF

ButteMT61

AF - I've seen that for sure in many pics over the years. I thought you were going to say you kept that picture in your pocket! :lol:

John Lever

Atticus said:
Not easily visible in this photo...but hanging on the Star's zipper pull...is an ancient Vietnamese coin, the kind with a square hole in the middle. Wasn't there, but its my understanding that these coins were common good luck charms for those who flew in th' Nam.

Dscn0305.jpg

AF
I think they are called ' Cash ', where our word for money comes from.