• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any barnstormers fans? all pre 1945.

Pilot

Any interest in original 30/40ies Barnstormers? Various sizes ( medium to XXL) all original prior 1945, all wearable. With and without belt.
Ideal for oldtimer bikers and others
Cleaning out my cellar after the X-Mas break... just testing the waters.
Have several of them in russet, seal and black.
09102240-2924-46E7-8D95-ADCD6AFD1987.jpeg
DD3D1D55-DB74-4F59-A1E1-7C21E763364B.jpeg
2BF096CE-86C2-460C-95A3-42C3D529BEDD.jpeg

Last edited:

John Lever

It would be interesting to learn about the button hole design, was this the norm before button hole machines were developed?

Last edited:

Pilot

It would be interesting to learn about the buttin hole design, was this the norm before button hole machines were developed?
Thx John, If you are asking me?..no idea...I leave this question to the experts.

Last edited:

Pilot

Beautiful coats Brice.
Any idea at this time what price you will ask for them.?
Depending on the coat and its size. Starting from 300 Euro plus shipping , some higher...
Unsure, whether this is the right place for this kind of jackets/coats, since so far 0 interest.

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

It would be interesting to learn about the button hole design, was this the norm before button hole machines were developed?

It's the European method, no idea why virtually nobody this side of the pond used a Reece leather buttonhole machine until this century, they'd been around since the late 19th Century, in The States at least, I don't recall any leather factory in The UK using one before Aero bought one late 80s I think?. Have seen the odd light suede UK jacket use sewn buttonholes, probably done on a cloth machine set up for overcoats?
In the 1960s rather than use this style buttonhole we took all our jackets to a hand tailor in Soho (just round the corner from our factory) who did proper Savile Row hand sewn buttonholes for us, the quality just leap out alongside the the standard piped style
Not only that but the piped buttonholes are very time consuming, rarely look neat either, we did put them on The Goldsmith and still fit them in Soviet Jackets for authenticity, machinists hate doing them

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

For scale of economy
Roughly
Reece Button Hole 30 Seconds
Piped Button hole 4-5 mintues
Hand Sewn 15 minutes