• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Show of Shows find . A mint Waltham A-11 USAAF pilots watch with hacking capabilities.

B-Man2

Still waiting for Bryce to weigh in.
You shouldn’t put Bryce on the spot like that. Maybe there are somethings about the watch that he might think are suspect, but isn’t exactly 100% sure and doesn’t want to weigh in on one side or the other. If you have issues with the watch and you want those issues examined by Bryce, why don’t you PM him for his opinion. Or do you need to have the entire forum recognize your opinion as fact.
I found this dealer to be honest and very knowledgeable having collected and worked on these watches for the last 60 years . If he stands behind the watch, then that’s good enough for me regardless of your opinion. If you don’t like the watch or feel that it’s not as it should be, then that’s your opinion, and I’m fine with that .

Spitfireace

Sorry Burt. I put up pics of a watch and was not happy about some comment made that I didn't want to hear. It doesn't involve you. So I apologize.

Spitfireace

I just got to get my 42 Waltham running again. Then tune up my Elgin 43 to get it closer to spec (under 30 sec per day).

Spitfireace

Bought the 43 Elgin more recently, looks great but runs fast like a mofo. Watchmaker gave it to me going at minute and forty fast.
20190108_152653.jpg

Attachments

• 20190113_012915.jpg
    20190113_012915.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22

blackrat2

That’s a cracking looking watch Burt!
Just wish the UK had shows like this , must be so cool looking through the items for sale and the chance to grab something to take home..nice watch

Spitfireace

Get the Elgin running at normal speed then I will be happy. Got 1200 hundred into it so far. It's like restoring old cars. Like I had a 71 mustang Mach !. Holy Crap start rebuilding that.