• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another one saved!

oose

Hi all,
After moving house, and new baby, I've managed to do a little jacket hunting and picked up a LW Foster G1, needs new zip plus cuffs otherwise in really good condition no loss on mutton plus lining is perfect. If anyone wants the Talon let me Know plus does anyone have a period conmar to replace it I'd be interested.

First pics will post better later..

lw1.jpg

lw2.jpg

lw3.jpg

lw4.jpg

Yours stu

oose

Fosters had Conmars plus, I can see its period replacement but its too short for the jacket and starts to high. :x

yours stu

oose

Thanks historybuff, I was thinking of sending it to Aero for new zip and cuffs, any veiw on there repro zips and knits.

Given it a bit of pecards and taken of that zip as it was pulling the leather and loose on one side.

la.jpg

I love the grain on these Fosters, now I have two from the same contract its nice to compare them.

lb.jpg

yours stu

Peter Graham

I've had no experience of Aero's zippers but their knits are excellent. The waistbands they use for Navy jackets are NOS and the cuffs are great quality repros in exactly the same shade. About £25 all in if I remember correctly. Here's a job they did on my Foster AN-J-3a.
jackets006-1.jpg

oose

Hi all,

Got the Jacket back, great job by Aero, looking forward to getting some good wear out of this one!

G1a-1.jpg

G1b-1.jpg

G1c-1.jpg

G1d-1.jpg

yours stu

jacketimp

oose said:
Hi all,

Got the Jacket back, great job by Aero, looking forward to getting some good wear out of this one!

looks neat! so how much did aero charge? just to give us an idea how much to shell on restotration projects!

airfrogusmc

Aero did a great job. They have consistently done great restorations over the years. I think Chris might still have a GREAT Navy jacket that they did a few years back ;)

oose

Hi all,

jacketimp it cost me £42 to get new cuffs and zip on the Foster G-1 plus I had my brother inlaws E-model get new cuffs as well. I have another Foster (see below) which needs new lining and mouton, but I'll get round to that a little later, this may be a little more expensive!

G2a.jpg

yours stu

Peter Graham

Looks like a good wearer now. Another good job by Aero but maybe you should have kept that pink zipper. It added character.