• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 'Elite' A-2 from ELC...

A

Anonymous

love the way the artworked has flaked
and of course the price

Roughwear

Very nice new Elite unit jacket. I wonder how many people will splash out £1400 for this Star in the UK? I guess there will be a market for the jacket in Japan.

ausreenactor

Peter Graham said:
Really nicely done. Does anyone know who does the painting ?

Hope it is not Jerome. I have been waiting four years now. Keen to get my jacket back in any state
of completion. Will get my kids to finish it..

Couchy

nogbat

so if you buy this rather nice a2 ,, and when it arrives its too small tough luck .. read the small print ..
:?

Roughwear

£1400 is not far off the price of an original painted A2! In terms of re-sale value I wonder how well the price will hold up when these Elite Unit jackets are sold on.

Rutger

Roughwear said:
£1400 is not far off the price of an original painted A2! In terms of re-sale value I wonder how well the price will hold up when these Elite Unit jackets are sold on.

Original maker Jacket ELC = 700 GBP
Optional Timeworn = 80 GBP
Elite jacket ELC = 1430 GBP incl. shipping

Makes 620 GBP extra cost for : painting (back+front) + whistle + metal-edge hard-card box.

How much is the cost for a similar back painting, front painted wing and an identical whistle? would 429 GBP suffice, including shipping vice versa?

Original maker Jacket through Ebay, almost new & undamaged = 560 incl. shipping
Whistle (airbornecricket.com) = 11 incl. shipping
Paintings = 429 incl shipping vice versa
Time worn DIY
Forget the metal-edge hard-card box
Total : 1000 GBP

Savings 430 GBP if Elitized(TM) Ebay jacket. Savings would still be 290 GBP if brand new bought at ELC and then Elitized(TM) as above.

In my book, that would make 1000 GBP also the maximum bid if an almost new undamaged Elite jacket would show up on ebay.

mindful

these jackets are for the international market rob tells me these jackets sell well in Japan Asia ect they make these jackets to compete with real mccoys buzz rickson ect :roll:

Rutger

Roughwear said:
Good analysis Rutger. Somehow I don't think I'll have my original Star painted! ;)

'Original maker' meant as in 'ELC Repro of original maker'. Was having the ELC site up whilst writing it, hence the expression.

wop54

Should you buy this jacket, I suggest not to wear it in Italy as "umbriago" means "drunk" (dialect from Venice's region) but close to the proper italian word for drunk: ubriaco :?