• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ammo pouch size

Willy McCoy

I am looking for a pouch to clip onto my belt that can fit a 21/4" x 1" x5" battery box. Either canvas or leather. Thank you!

a2jacketpatches

Sounds like an M-14 single pouch would be perfect, I had a few around for years but sold them on a belt a while ago. Should be a bunch on Ebay for cheap enough.

watchmanjimg

I don't have one handy for precise measurements, but it seems like an M-1956 or later field dressing/compass pouch could be ideal. Cheap and plentiful!

a2jacketpatches

Now those I do have, at least half a dozen, but they've got the wire hanger for attaching to the pislol belt. The M-14 Ammo Pouch will slip onto any belt as it has a very generous belt loop.

watchmanjimg

a2jacketpatches said:
Now those I do have, at least half a dozen, but they've got the wire hanger for attaching to the pislol belt. The M-14 Ammo Pouch will slip onto any belt as it has a very generous belt loop.

I was referring to the vertical type with the "ALICE" clip, but I also felt that the M14 pouch was too deep for the intended use. Plus, the first aid/compass pouch is far more common than the USMC-specific M14 single mag pouch.

a2jacketpatches

Gotcha, but I don't think that'll accommodate 5" tall, they are 4.5 X 4.5W

Was just thinking the m-14 pouches may be a little roomy but will accept the battery and it'll hang perfectly parallel on any belt, I used on for my IPHONE and loved it. That ALICE clip gets a little wobbly unless it's on the correct width belt as well.

BTW, what is this battery for?

Willy McCoy

Good question. It is a battery box for a personal vaporizer.

image1_1_grande.JPG

I got off cigarettes last May and switched to an e-cig.
The battery box powers the attached atomizer that atomizes the "e-juice".

I need a pouch to carry it in to the dog park.

Willy McCoy

hqdefault.jpg

The box houses two 18650 batteries and an on board computer that controls the wattage and displays monitoring information.
This is a 100 watt box that I only use 20 at the most.