• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero USA

Clark J

My be they will start making their A-2 jackets a little longer,,,seems everyone I have had interest in purchasing have always have a zip of about 22 1/2??

airfrogusmc

Sad news indeed. Marks a great guy. I hope he will do well in whatever he decides to pursue. Probably good that Ken is getting involved again.

Persimmon

Happy Hooligan said:
anyone know why he quit selling Aero?

Read the Hat lounge 20 page posting.
Holy, Ken Calder's daughter explained that he could not pay for any more jackets (he was well over his credit limit) and so they stopped supplying him.

I think to many the name Aero USA implied he was part of the company and it was an US division whereas he was only another customer.

It seems that there are folks who have paid for jackets upfront and these orders were never passed on to Aero Scotland and now unless they help put there money may be gone. and no jacket.

Whilst quite a few of us hide/adjust our purchases from the better half on occasion !! Tell that to your better half - no money and no jacket

Mark seems to have several people who have supported him in the postings but sadly like an iceberg more and more are now coming out realising that they are victims of. in their own words, fraud.

I suggest you read the hat lounge postings and make up your own mind.
Personally If someone takes my money in full for an item and then keeps the money and fails to even order the product from the supplier then I would feel well ripped off.

m444uk

I only had one dealing with Mark. I sold him an early Highwayman for his own use.

Can't help thinking the constant dicking around with extended delivery times from Aero Scotland has somehow done his head in :shock:
He must of been receiving endless emails from people asking ETA. Indeed someone said they emailed him 50 times about an order.

Anyway see my message no. 201

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthre ... ost1429973

xt40

m444uk said:
I only had one dealing with Mark. I sold him an early Highwayman for his own use.

Can't help thinking the constant dicking around with extended delivery times from Aero Scotland has somehow done his head in :shock:
He must of been receiving endless emails from people asking ETA. Indeed someone said they emailed him 50 times about an order.

If you read the fl thread , you would be aware that aero have stated that he never placed a lot of the orders that people placed and paid for in full. I doubt that they are lying.

m444uk

xt40 said:
m444uk said:

If you read the fl thread , you would be aware that aero have stated that he never placed a lot of the orders that people placed and paid for in full. I doubt that they are lying.

It's difficult to know what to think. Michael Osten posted this on Aero's Facebook page:

"As a customer that just had his jacket hand delivered by Mark, his frustration was obvious. The jacket is perfect to me and worth the wait, but I completely understand why customers don't like the open-ended delivery dates, and why Mark would be tired of the abuse over it." March 23 2012

On the other hand, over at the Hatter's emporium resortes805 says he is still waiting for "Order placed Dec 2009, paypal balance paid in full for LHB & Grizzly"
av-42.gif
av-42.gif

derleicaman

Hi Guys,
I am one of those affected by this, and believe me, I and others are not making this up! I paid for a jacket in full towards the end of February this year and was contacted by Mark about a refund as he was closing shop early last week. So far, no refund has materialized for me. I have put a claim in with eBay and Paypal, as I am certainly within the buyer protection period. I have also been in contact with Holly of Aero Scotland and she couldn't be nicer. It is my understanding that there are something like 60 to 80 orders not having been placed with Aero Scotland, but either full payments or deposits made with Aero USA. Do the math - this is serious business! I would hope there is an explanation for this, but none has been forthcoming so far.

m444uk

Sounds like your fully covered.

In the UK we have a small claims court that is often a good way to get recompense at minimal cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aero USA declares bankruptcy which is going to make things difficult for some customers.

Andreart

Don't know whats going on but I just got quoted 3 months on a new half belt. that's about the same time frame i got on my custom A-2 3 yrs ago. sounds like MM was full of
shit. Dealt direct with Aero each time, just sayin.....