• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero Seal and Rust, Which Contracts?

269sqnhudson

Hi All,

Probably one for Andrew I imagine but does anyone know which Aero contracts tended to have the seal brown/rust knit combo and whether russet with rust knits was also common? I know that some contracts were issued very close together so may not be contract -specific but would be great to hear from Aero owners.

Happy New Year!

Tom

Silver Surfer

all three of the last contracts for aero had the seal-red knit combo. the last two even more so. yes, there were some russet jackets made in the last three contracts, with most, but not all having different shades of brown knits. these russet aeros were usually a darker russet, and some did indeed have red knits. these later aeros had talon, kwik, crown, and conmar zippers. to the best of my knowledge, there does not seem to be a pattern for any of the late areo's combination of hides [horse or cow], color of hides, knit color, or zippers. often the seal aeros look like redyes, but actually came from the factory in seal brown. the early aeros were russet, and had "chelsea" brown knits, in various shades of brown.

2BM2K

Just to add that the last three Aero contracts were;

W535-ac-21996 Aero 27 October 1941
42-15142-P Aero Spring 1942
42-18775-P Aero May 1942