Aero leathers pike brothers B15 vs Eastman B15

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by coalman, Feb 9, 2017.

1. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

looks super!!!!

2. falcon_ib

falcon_ib Active Member

Nice B-15A, looks like a very sturdy and well built jacket. The original fabric is a very nice touch, and the triangular tabs add to a very unique and good looking jacket. Lots of pictures of Korean War pilots and aircrew wearing these.

There's a Buzz B-15A in my size on ebay right now for cheaps and I'm very tempted to pick it up. How much warmer is it than a B-10? Also, is the collar obnoxious at all?

Evan

3. 269sqnhudson

269sqnhudson Member

Hi Evan,

It's slightly bulkier and likely warmer than a b-10 due to the heavier fabric and the sturdy wind flap. However the collar is surprisingly unintrusive, not obnoxious at all. That did concern me too!

4. CBI

CBI Well-Known Member

I owned two original B-15A's they were great jackets

5. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Active Member

Nice jacket , but pricey .

BIP

6. Marv

Marv Well-Known Member

Agree fantastic jacket, I have an Eastman B-10 and it's superb. I think ELC do make the best B-10 & B-15 repros on the market.

7. Tommy

Tommy Active Member

Nobody really talks about the Pike Brother's version in this, so here's my opinion as an owner. I picked mine up at the beginning of 2017 via Paul at Crazy Man Crazy who has a number of their Jackets in each Winter.

After just about a winters full of ownership, it's aged very little. Maybe a little more comfortable to wear. The liner is still pretty itchy without enough layers. The body is very well put together. The Moulton is okay, maybe not as nice as a Buzz or Eastman. It just looks a little too, fleecy, for want of a better word. The zip pull is very dark, the Oxygen Mask clip taps still a fairly light russet.

The only real downside is the cuffs. They were loose from the start and have only got worse. I need to do something about them, but I've been struggling to think of what colour to replace them with.

So a mixed bag, but a very hard wearing jacket.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

338D01A5-8353-4202-8581-FE183F052F9D.jpeg F92D661C-B40A-4385-9E75-71E7098AEE1C.jpeg
    I have a B-10 Buzz Rickson’s as already refered am and just got an ELC B-15A...Sorry but the last is not impressing me at ( on authenticity criteria) all if compared to the the B-10 from BR and in regards of authenticity. Even if very well made regarding craftsmanship, details for authenticity are just not as they should in the B-15A.
    Many details seem just out of place...like the fabric consistency, the color, the alpaga lining, the label ( almost fluo-orange) the fur collar , the sleeves, the knits, the buttons...
    To me and if comparing to ww2 originals I have seen and touched ( on the Great Max show p.e.) the BR B-10 is very close to a ww2 RoughWear original . The ELC B15A is quite far away and yes, very pricy due to these am facts. However, very well made in workmanship and best service received from the ELC team. Will wear it intensively, maybe some points will fade away during wear and especially after the fist cleaning.
    See photos to support my words.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Thomas Koehle likes this.
  9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

A034080D-C995-483A-A15D-DA54A627561E.jpeg 6756E115-8548-4C05-B334-7CC5A73708AD.jpeg AFFCDCDE-F6A5-4A52-B3A9-90B4C129E308.jpeg 6FA7F0C0-4F10-44F1-B317-FBBA49C49FE8.jpeg D6A6A611-156A-4C3F-AB5E-1B69C14D7FA7.jpeg BEE2111F-CCEE-4A4C-8A23-A928C4C9FD4A.jpeg D91F8BC6-F904-4900-9690-CED3BEB900A6.jpeg Some more scans...
    Sorry about the lousy pics,

Thomas Koehle likes this.
  10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Hello
    just corrected my mistake..and posted some photos of my new B-15A

11. blackrat2

blackrat2 Active Member

Your new B15-A is the mutz...I have to say I love the additions on the B15-A over the 15 and probably over a B-10
    Interesting that you got to see them at the Eastman pop up and feel the difference in fabrics and construction
    Great stuff

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Have never been at the Eastman Pop-up nor in its shop.
    Must do some day.

13. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Tom
    Thanks for posting the measurements. The jacket looks super!
    Didn't know that Eastman used NOS fabric to make their B-15s . Definitely something to consider when looking for one.
    Cheers

14. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

NOS on Eastman B-15?, sorry mine does not look like that at all. Check my pics.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  15. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, Eastman's B-10/B-15/B-15A are all produced by Buzz Rickson.

16. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I have some doubts...since materials are totally different... see my photos to compare with Eastman B-10. ( zip, collar, buttons, alpaga.. etc).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  17. Cocker

Cocker Well-Known Member

Maybe because the B-10 and the B-15A are more than 2 years appart and didn't had the same specs?

18. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Only Eastman or a ELC B-10 owner can answer this.
    As far as I can remember and from what I have seen on UK air shows... B-10 from ELC are different from Buzz B-10... regardles of the age.
    As far as I know ELC handles some BR jackets and others but has its own B-10 and B-15 manufacturing.

19. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

That's news to me. The alpaca lining in my Eastman B10 and B15 is much more accurate to original cloth jackets than anything I've owned from Buzz. Then again, maybe I've just been unlucky with Buzz!

Pilot likes this.
  20. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

OK...for me ist just the other way arround...but OK...

Grant likes this.