• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aerial Star

alcon

I read some positive comments about their jackets. I'm seriously considering their A-2 (without pockets) in russet and would like to know if there are any modifications I could request to improve the accuracy of the jacket? Of course, they may not want to do mods. Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

soshe

As well as the different style of pockets, their "slash pockets" jacket also looses the windflap in front of the zip.

The collar appears to have lost the press studs, but that may just be an illusion from the photos - it does however gain an inside studded pocket.

So I guess "accuracy" is not the point of the style. It is not trying to be an accurate depiction of an A2 - rather it is similar to some Civilian Tailored jackets.

Best thing is to speak to Aerial Star and tell them what you require :D

alcon

Thanks for your comments and sorry for the confusion. I should have indicated it was style 7301 that I'm interested in. The jacket does not have slash pockets and does have a wind flap. I believe the collar can be fastened down. What do you think of the russet color? Placement of pockets? Shape of collar?

a2jacketpatches

alcon said:
Thanks for your comments and sorry for the confusion. I should have indicated it was style 7301 that I'm interested in. The jacket does not have slash pockets and does have a wind flap. I believe the collar can be fastened down. What do you think of the russet color? Placement of pockets? Shape of collar?

Chris from Aerial Star contacted me some time back. He's very receptive to new ideas and eager to please. His jackets are inspired by civilian A2 style jackets and by no means mil spec. I'll shoot him an email and maybe he can join the conversation. He became a member here after I recommended it to him but he's not very active.