A2 Deck Jackets

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by Thomas Koehle, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

as maybe someone already realized I'm a "Deck Jacket addict" and already gathered one and the other jacket in my collection

besides some N1 I also own some A2 Jackets - correct nomenclature is: Jacket Cold Weather Permeable

jackets are all in the same condition like I received it

"Seabees" Jacket in size "M" (equals 40 to 42) - the patch came with the jacket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Higgy`s" Jacket in size "L" (equals 42 to 44) - don`t have a clou what the stencil on the back says - maybe someone can help out???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"SNEP FIT" Saudi Naval Expansion Program - seems the US supported the Scheichs in extending their fleet
    also size "L"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"NSGA" - no clue about the meaning - found a lot of explanations on google like "Non-dominated Sorting Genetic Algoritm" but that can`t fit - anyone any better translation???
    ranks ain`t stenciled but look more like printed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I own at least 2 or 3 more of the jackets but currently no pictures at hand

will post more as soon as I find `em on my harddrive

Steve27752, Edward and B-Man2 like this.
  2. B-Man2

B-Man2 Active Member

Nice looking collection!
    I imagine the Seabee jackets are a little more difficult to find these days in any kind of nice condition,

3. falcon_ib

falcon_ib Member

Love your collection! Interesting to see the differences in stenciling. The Seabees patch is beautiful as well.

4. Cobblers161

Cobblers161 Well-Known Member

AE 21 looks to be USS Suribachi which was decomissioned in 1994.

I'll post some of mine up, I've 2 of the earlier Vietnam-era jackets with the thicker shell and straight edges on the pockets plus three of the later 80's versions. I sold two others last year but wish I'd held onto them.
    One of them is a Seabee's which up until now I assumed was a fake as all there is to go on os a patch and a feint stencil on the back.

Keep posting the pics Thomas!

5. Cobblers161

Cobblers161 Well-Known Member

NSGA could be Naval Security Group Activity with L3 most likely a base, possibly Winter Harbour, Maine.

I've found some photos of patches but it's such a pain in the arse to post anything on this forum.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

THX for those details - will keep the pics comin` but like you just said posting pics here is a bit complicated ...