• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A1 jacket ?

fleet16b

I came across a picture of a jacket the other day that was very A1ish looking
unfortunately I no longer have access to the pic .
It is horsehide, talon zip but has slit hand pockets
The knits look identical to what is seen on an A1 but the collar does not have loops and buttons
Jacket was owned by a female military wartime pilot
I know its hard to comment without picture but any commenst form the forum may help

thanks

fleet16b

I was looking more for input as to what the jacket would be.
From the pic it looked to be period 1930 with regards to wear and tear
The woman had a military aviation background during the war
I suppose it may be a civie version due to slit hand pockets but wanted to hear from the experts
if it could possibly be a military version

-burgandy knits > waist collar and cuffs
-burgandy liner
-Talon zipper
-Horsehide
- measures 17.25" shoulder to shoulder, 24.25" shoulder to cuff, pit to pit 22.5" and 22.5" collar to waistband
Not sure what the size would be based on the measurements
Will try to get a pic to post

A

Anonymous

was it a photo where the woman was walking together with some men next to a plane?

foster

Looks similar to the tanker jacket, in leather, but with the back more like some of the vintage leather jackets from the 30's. I would say definitely civilian or private purchased.

fleet16b

foster said:
Looks similar to the tanker jacket, in leather, but with the back more like some of the vintage leather jackets from the 30's. I would say definitely civilian or private purchased.

Thats what I suspect also
Not a bad looking design
I would have taken it if the size was larger