• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A tale of 2 Dubows...GW and BK

ausreenactor

Jeff M said:
Steve H said:
My GW Dubow 27798 is the same colour combo as that- but in horse- looks great and to me no contest- the Kelso is what it is too though...

FWIW....
Ordered approx. 18 months ago, my GW cost me the same as what BK is selling a new A2 with "VH" leather today.
If only I could do as well with the stock market. :lol:

I will wait patiently for the price of GWs to fall then. ;)

Jeff M

ausreenactor said:
Jeff M said:
Steve H said:
My GW Dubow 27798 is the same colour combo as that- but in horse- looks great and to me no contest- the Kelso is what it is too though...

FWIW....
Ordered approx. 18 months ago, my GW cost me the same as what BK is selling a new A2 with "VH" leather today.

I will wait patiently for the price of GWs to fall then. ;)

If you are one of the lucky/cursed ones that is the same size as John, buy a new GW "prototype" from the GW site's "Sale" page when they pop up.

Patience does have it's virtues. For me, it's been better bet to play it up front with a deposit than hope for a market change.
There is a lesson which I unfortunately seem to keep having to teach myself......."less expensive" often ends up costing more than "expensive". Buy something that looks to be "almost as good as" only to find myself not using it and purchasing what I really wanted in the first place. Could have saved myself all that expense and time if I'd just followed my instincts in the first place.

Steve H

Jeff M said:
Steve H said:

FWIW....
Agree totally Jeff- i ordered my Dubow just before the GW price hike in Dec 13- was more than worth the wait and got it at the good price. :) i tend to be rather brand loyal no matter what the item- call me human, whatever, we create in our minds what we want to believe and that works for me. Each to their own.

At the end of the day we all put our jackets on one sleeve at a time! Although it would be easier if the sleeve was more..... Never mind ! ;)