• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Flight Jacket / Perry Sportswear / Size 40

Dr H

Well I did say that the lining wouldn't be a problem ;) ...but it'll need to be a generous 40 :oops: !

Dr H

Wait a minute...I've seen this kind of jacket before...isn't it 'pre-war, Luftwaffe owned, etc., etc.'? ;)

Dr H

Jawohl Herr Swatland... :lol:

This one measures out well for me and the condition is just right too (i.e. knackered lining in need of replacement and a bit of stitching required :roll: ) so might be worth a punt as a project HH Perry for me...

Roughwear

Dr H said:
Jawohl Herr Swatland... :lol:

This one measures out well for me and the condition is just right too (i.e. knackered lining in need of replacement and a bit of stitching required :roll: ) so might be worth a punt as a project HH Perry for me...

Give it a go Ian. The leather looks to be in good condition and the rest can be restored easily.

Dr H

Thanks for the vote of confidence Andrew - will be a bit cannier on the bidding this time, but I do want to try and bring this one in (before I get the other Perry offered yet again :lol:).

Dr H

BTW Andrew, this one has a name on the shred of remaining lining - I've not tracked down a pilot before, but I'm aware the you serious collectors are doing this regularly to check out provenance. May I ask which source/database you use to do this please?
Cheers
Ian

Roughwear

Dr H said:
BTW Andrew, this one has a name on the shred of remaining lining - I've not tracked down a pilot before, but I'm aware the you serious collectors are doing this regularly to check out provenance. May I ask which source/database you use to do this please?
Cheers
Ian

Ian, I always go first to the NARA website. http://aad.archives.gov/aad/series-list.jsp?cat=all
I have traced some vets through Google. I suspect others here can suggest other places to look.