• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-1.5 … The Missing Link

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
A-1.5 … The Missing Link

In earlier posts I have mentioned the repro A-1 put out by The Few in 2005. The version with concealed buttons, and a leather collar.

http://cornellsurgery.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 079#p30079

Zoomer, and Asiamiles have both asked for pictures, but until a few days ago, I couldn’t even find the repro. Now Bevan has kindly taken pictures of the original jacket in the Real McCoy’s collection.

This jacket is now with a red lining, so there’s no label, but it does look pretty ‘official’. Perhaps the A-2 wasn’t such a giant step in the evolution.

Here’s the repro, followed by the original …

A-1-buffalo2005.jpg

A-1-5a.jpg

A-1-5b.jpg

cheaterome

From what I know an have seen in Vintage stores in the past 13 years, that is just a civilian jacket.

The aviators style jacket was always a popular style to make from the late 30's to the 60's. I really just think it's a private purchase garment .

Jerome.

cheaterome

Oh hell yeah!!! That and the m-445 you posted on is great thanks for sharing.

I have seen that "style" jacket from a number of midwestern manufacturers around here as well. Brills bros. Reed, Monarch..
They always have the buttons at the bottom for sure , the buttons up the front are rarer.

I have some photos of some naked transvestite Asian midget hookers around here for sharing.

no ...

to much for a start here......

umm..

Kinda rare .

no takers?

Sincerely,
Jerome

hacker

cheaterome said:
I have some photos of some naked transvestite Asian midget hookers around here for sharing.

no ...

to much for a start here......

umm..

Kinda rare .

no takers?

Sincerely,
Jerome

I suspect you'll be getting a PM from Steve... :shock:

Hacker