• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

97bg 414bs ?????

dujardin

Johnny request my help for those patches

------------------------------------------------------
Hello , just saw an interesting Leather patch on ebay , item number 181520028979 , the patch on left of the photo showing two patches !

Never seen this design before and is an interesting one , maybe you could post it on the VLJ and see what others say about it ................

I think it is a real patch of "Unofficial" design , enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny
----------------------------------------------------------------

this is the direct link (ebay)

http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/18152002897 ... 1436.l2649

EMBLEMHUNTER

Thanks Marcel for posting the patch photo, I'm curious as to the patch on the left with the "97th" lettering like little people , does anyone know if this was an "actually" worn/use emblem??????

For sure it was "UNofficial" , would appreciate any comment and info about it , thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

bombs away

Hello Johnny,

I've already seen these 97th lettering little people.

Here is the top of the newspaper published by the 97th BG to celebrate their 300th mission.
It's dated july 2 1944.

14994580939_8422472043_c_d.jpg

15181315195_386cf72f46_z_d.jpg

I hope it helps.

Tim

I've already seen these 97th lettering little people.

Here is the top of the newspaper published by the 97th BG to celebrate their 300th mission.
It's dated july 2 1944.

Sometimes I am just amazed at the collective knowledge, wisdom, photos and "stuff" available on this forum. Just amazing. Where else? :D

stubbyeighth

EMBLEMHUNTER

Hey Marcel , Much thanks for the new image of the "97" figure people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That helps confirm to me that this most likely was an "original" patch , may not have been used a lot but at least the image proves it was WW2 era , thanks for posting them !!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

EMBLEMHUNTER

Oops , My Bad, Much thanks Tim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny
Marcel also thank you for posting my question about it and the patch" image from e bay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!