• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

55J14

1911A1US

Hello : I have a 55j14 jacket,question to the experts,left pocket where pencil would go,you can see stiching,maker? has no label USN stenciled in a silver color.Thanks.Brian

dadgad

1911A1US said:
Hello : I have a 55j14 jacket,question to the experts,left pocket where pencil would go,you can see stiching,maker? has no label USN stenciled in a silver color.Thanks.Brian

PICS?

hacker

1911A1US said:

sounds like L.W. Foster....maybe

Hacker

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
... and if it is, it could also be the AN-J-3a contract (some had the USN stencil), or an early 7823.

They are all the same pattern.

Corey

Is there a USN stencil behind the collar? If so, where is it located (center, RHS, etc.). What color is it and in what font. That would help narrow down the maker. Also other distinguishing characteristics would be lining color and if there's a center pleat or stitching. Even minute details such as whether the under arm vent holes are sewn or metal might tell you something. But based on the sewn pencil slot it could very well be LW Foster.

Stony

... and if it is, it could also be the AN-J-3a contract (some had the USN stencil), or an early 7823.

If it is an "AN" type jacket, then there would only be a "U.S." under the collar.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Stony said:
If it is an "AN" type jacket, then there would only be a "U.S." under the collar.

In general, yes .... but the Foster was the last AN-J-3a contract before the 55J14, and is found with US, or USN stencil.