• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

513th PARACHUTE INFANTRY REGIMENT DUBOW A-2

Grant

Anyone else see this beautiful last contract Dubow on IG?
Dig the silk parachute liner and patch. Typical of this contract it's a smaller size 38. I always wondered when the Japanese reproduced an A-2 with a camo liner what their inspiration was.

Dubow1.png
Dubow2.png
Dubow3.png
Dubow4.png
Dubow5.png
Dubow6.png
Dubow7.png

Last edited:

Grant

Have no idea since this is the first original A-2 I've seen lined with camo parachute material. Anyone else seen one?

Have no idea since this is the first original A-2 I've seen lined with camo parachute material. Anyone else seen one?
I've seen m-43 field jackets lined with parachute material. However, I believe those were alterations done by special request and aren't very common.

Boyo

Is it unusual that they would have taken the time to re-sew in the jacket label? if this was modified in the field you'd think the guy whose jacket it is knows it fits and the label would have been tossed with the original lining.

Enigma1938

What proofs that this jacket in this configuration ist all ww2 original? I have my doubts. As boyo said, it makes no sense that someone makes such an effort with re-sewing the label in wartime. I personally believe that someone thought that a A2 patched up with a para unit would be even nicer with a parachute lining. Maybe the original lining was damaged already (very possible). But whatever happened, my stomach tells me that this is a post war mod, possibly made in Asia.

ausreenactor

Read years ago that Aces used to line their A-2s with red silk.

There would be an abundance of parachute canopies after a jump.

Toys McCoy's had a pick of the original that inspired their 502nd and 506th tributes in the catalogue.

kirova

so camo lined A-2s are a real thing? I always thought it was an invention by the modern day jacket makers (along with escape map lining)