• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

50's original patches availability?

Rutger

Does anyone know someone / some company who sells original 50's USAF patches (squadron/wing)?
I'm referring to cloth patches, not leather ones.
I suppose repro's can be found, but my guess is that 50's patches are differently and less perfectly produced than those that where made from the late 70's and later on.

thanks,
Rutger

EMBLEMHUNTER

As to 1950's era "original" patches , they're out there but the main problem you'll probably come up against is finding them first and then at a fair/reasonable price. That era just like the WW-2 era patches are getting harder and harder to find in good condition and price.
You can at times luck into one at a "Yard Sale" Thrift shop" etc , but it's getting harder to do as the internet has "awakened" many people now to what's "Collectable" and with that "usually" up go the prices of something most would have walked right by before the advent of the net .
So that said I wish you luck finding them , when you go to Flea markets ,antique shops etc ask around , usually there are dealers that have them, but be careful and do your homework on the emblems , as we all know there are "Repros" being flooded into the markets too .

CBI

many on eBay but often hard to spot. Seen many 60's/70's era sold as Korean War era patches. Worst case, if for a jacket is to buy a repro and age it