• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

396th Bomb Squadron "Hell's Angels"

jbmilart

Hey fellas... I know it's been awhile... but here's a new patch I did for a WWII veteran, who contacted me about doing this patch he wanted. He was a young B-25 pilot who was deployed late in 1944 with the 41st Bomb Group, 396th Bomb Squadron. He sent me a photo of his squadron patch, which he and his crew wore, till the end of the war in the Pacific. This was the patch he wanted...
Photos are of the same patch... Plain and aged

Jim

jbmilart

Yeah... don't listen to Sean, Vince! :D He's the one with all the talent and the know how of painting jackets... done several, really great ones too! I haven't done a jacket before... not saying I won't ever do a jacket... just not confident enough yet... plus I've been getting pretty busy with the patches lately...

dujardin

nice one, good job

i made a quick search on this unit, because i don't have yet it in my file
i discover this on Wikipédia

6th Reconnaissance Squadron
Attached: 15 January 1941 - 24 February 1942
Redesignated 396th Bombardment Squadron: 25 February 1942 - 27 January 1946

have this veteran maybe an original photo of this patch ???

jbmilart

If you go to the 41st bomb group association website... you can see the patch there. There was the first version of this patch... this is the second version. This patch was never a authorized patch from the Air Force. http://www.41stbombgrp.com/

jbmilart

Here are the photos of the original 396th patch and the newer patch from '44 to '46

Patchpanchito2.jpg

PatchPanchito.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

Some years ago at a local air show there was a B-25 there "Panchito" and they had a large stand up board with photos of various B-25 crew etc and one of the photos(two actually) were of this patch in the two forms , the latter had the "arch " added as they were late war stationed in japan , or at least what I was told by the man there .