• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

37J1 Navy Flight Jacket - Willis & Geiger - Repro - Pre WW2

CBI

Arrived today via BIN on eBay (thanks from the tip on VLJ). I really like it. Certainly not a 100% correct repro but it suits my needs/interest and compared to period photos, pretty good really. The cotton outer shell is not as heavy as originals but its really nice. The texture kind of made my camera go a bit nuts but you get the idea. its a size 42. Nice to know a jacket for a little over $100 can still be thrilling to find!!!! The lighter color pics show a more accurate color...........

Here's some period pics

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 8514,d.dmQ

CBI

Re: 37J1 Navy Flight Jacket - Willis & Geiger - Repro - Pre

Yep, the Buzz is a nice one and an even better "get". These are pretty cool jackets!!!!!!

ausreenactor

The Buzz ones are insanely tight in the arms though. Shoulders are fine. But there is almost a 'twist' to the sleeve that is frustrating. I only picked it up due to the price. With the Yen at 100 per dollar it is Buzz time once again. If our dollars keeps falling I will start buying again in quantity. Sydney move at the end of the year and promotion so the jackets WILL get a look in.

I like yours, no name tag...

Couchy...

Rutger

The WG seems khaki, the Buzz sage.
Is that just camera settings playing tricks, or is that actual?

Dr H

That's a real difference Rutger.
I sold my W&G 37J1B in a 46 as it was too large, but now that I have an N-1 I can appreciate the difference in the textiles. The jungle cloth is sage/olive and narrower weave/heavier weight.
The W&G is great on a budget though - very comfortable.

mindful

i really want one of these 37j1 jackets ive seen two ones a buzz with the sea wash finish and the other buzz has the patch on the front and dosnt have the sea wash Finnish im not sure which one i prefer also the real mccoys version nice but theres not many in my size around :?:

mindful

CBI said:
Arrived today via BIN on eBay (thanks from the tip on VLJ). I really like it. Certainly not a 100% correct repro but it suits my needs/interest and compared to period photos, pretty good really. The cotton outer shell is not as heavy as originals but its really nice. The texture kind of made my camera go a bit nuts but you get the idea. its a size 42. Nice to know a jacket for a little over $100 can still be thrilling to find!!!! The lighter color pics show a more accurate color...........

Here's some period pics

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 8514,d.dmQ
this one looks like the mccoys version

Dr H

Yes superficially based on the 37J1B rather than the 37J1 (the BR jacket); biggest difference is in the treatment of the collar.

zoomer

You can say that again. Don't try to get it to lie flat - it'll never happen thanks to that heavy duty zipper on such lightweight fabric.

CBI

the collar is exactly what I like the MOST about this - I HATE the flat fall down collars!!!!!

CBI

I guess I should say that for my build, I like a collar/shoulder area that has some buildup. In A-2's I prefer the Werber, Aero's with the big collars and not a contract like a Dubow 27798 with the thin collar sides or the RW 18091 where the collar usually ends up laying down on the body. Again, this is for ME wearing the jacket.

TankBuster

A nice looking jacket for the $$. Congrats. The fit looks very good as well.

Dr H

mindful said:
i really want one of these 37j1 jackets ive seen two ones a buzz with the sea wash finish and the other buzz has the patch on the front and dosnt have the sea wash Finnish im not sure which one i prefer also the real mccoys version nice but theres not many in my size around :?:

If I could find one in a 44: an RMJP 37J1B, followed by a sea wash BR 37J1, with the 'stock' BR 37J1 (having first removed the naff patch/name label) a trailing third...

CBI

Perhaps someone can post pics of their RM or BR jacket for comparison.

Like to see a pic with someone wearing one.

mindful

Dr H said:
mindful said:

If I could find one in a 44: an RMJP 37J1B, followed by a sea wash BR 37J1, with the 'stock' BR 37J1 (having first removed the naff patch/name label) a trailing third...

ive been searching hi and low and ive found a few buzz rickson sea water versions in a 38 size and i might have a link in a Taiwan store faith, for a real mccoy version fingers crossed otherwise ill buy the buzz 37j1 sea water wash and wait until next year for real mccoys to restock on there's

omarco

Blue in green have the RM version in a 38 I think...

mindful

omarco said:
Blue in green have the RM version in a 38 I think...
i know but there selling it for £450 then you have to pay 20% vat not worth paying out that much for a cotton jacket