• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2011's New Repro(s)

jonnyboy

I'm hoping to have my first decent Irvin test jacket finished within the next few months (just waiting for my twin-needle machine to be fixed), so will hopefully be able to put it through it's paces while it's still cold outside!

Sounds like Lewis Leathers may well be using skins very similar to mine. I had Fenland make some matched to an original sample back in 2009. I don't know if LL have a sample of this, or if they've had Fenland make up something matched to an original jacket of theirs.

Regarding zips, I had a quote to reproduce the Dot zip and slider bucket, and was told it would cost at least £20K!! I'll be sticking with Lightning repros for mine!

Cheers,

Jon

marco77

Certainly a jacket not common , should I take the risk with a Noble House Luftwaffe Sheepskin ? I don't know yet ..... still in trouble to choose between an ELC or an Aero Battle of Britain Irvin .... but the ELC Hartmann is first on my list !!!!!!!!

Marco

CR141

Well it's 2011 and two weeks ago I bought my very first A2. It's a Good Wear S.A.T. So my next one will definitely be a Good Wear. Probably a Dubow 27798 or a Roughwear 27752 or a 39 Werber or................................. :mrgreen:

Monsoon

I just got a Gibson & Barnes Civil A2, so I'm good to go unless something really good falls into my lap.

I'm looking at the Buzz nylon right now. B-15 or L-2s, not sure yet.

CR141

airfrogusmc said:
Just talked to John about an SAT so maybe, but not till about the end of the year. John really swamped.

The S.A.T. is a beautiful jacket. The wait will definitely be worth it.

Dr H

No plans at this moment unless I upgrade my 23377 or pick up a used GW SAT in a 44...

Weasel_Loader

I'm down to just my GW Bronco (daily wearer) and B model Rolen N-2B. Done for a while as I'm focusing on expanding gun collection.

Only thing I'd really like to add flight jacket wise is maybe an ELC or GW A-1 and tanker jacket.

CBI

Actually, no plans for 2011 except maybe a used HH Good Wear for one painting project I am considering.

Marv

Originally I was looking for a GW RW 27752 but when JC put all new orders on hold I decided to give the ELC's new model 27752 a look with the intention of breaking in/wearing (as I have not had a RW contract before) to see if I like the pattern and if I do then when JC starts taking orders again may sell this one on and purchase a RW 27752 from GW.
So far I have been suitably impressed with ELC's model in the new HH, very comfortable and easy to break in, however the only issue I have with the new HH is that it is rather shiny out of the box so I am hoping this will wear off after a few weeks of breaking in and a few more HW misting sessions, possibly a HW bath but we shall see.

Other than that, the jacket is fantastic and I am certainly very happy with it........ :)

Weasel_Loader

Marv said:
So far I have been suitably impressed with ELC's model in the new HH, very comfortable and easy to break in, however the only issue I have with the new HH is that it is rather shiny out of the box so I am hoping this will wear off after a few weeks of breaking in and a few more HW misting sessions, possibly a HW bath but we shall see.

My first GW was a Dubow 20960 that was really shiny and super squeeky. It was so loud, people couldn't notice but say something when I walked into a room. I believe it had the Japanese horse hide. Nice jacket, but slightly too small and couldn't get through the loudness of the jacket during break in. :roll:

Since then, all my other GW jackets were never loud, but still a tad shiny when new. I found that wore off quick.

Dr H

Thanks Kent, just off to walk the dog now. Nippy at 6.30 a.m., but fine with the neck buttoned!