• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$200 plus for ELC repairs. Options?

zoomer

My old favorite ELC Werber A-2 needs a new sleeve cuff and a new slider, pull, and rivet for the amazing but flimsy Hookless Fastener.

Eastman got right back to me offering to fix and ship for £135. That's $216 in my money. Not counting the cost to ship to Jolly Olde.

You know they'll do it right, but is there any other option? Especially for the Hookless? A typical wartime Talon slider won't fit these teeth - I tried.

(I have a crochet addict friend who checked out the torn cuff and said she could whip up a new one easily.)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
That's expensive, but I think you're stuck with them because of the Hookless parts.

OR, there's a new convention on The Forum. Interested members send a PM, their names go into a hat .....

majormajor1

zoomer said:
My old favorite ELC Werber A-2 needs a new sleeve cuff and a new slider, pull, and rivet for the amazing but flimsy Hookless Fastener.

Eastman got right back to me offering to fix and ship for £135. That's $216 in my money. Not counting the cost to ship to Jolly Olde.

You know they'll do it right, but is there any other option? Especially for the Hookless? A typical wartime Talon slider won't fit these teeth - I tried.

(I have a crochet addict friend who checked out the torn cuff and said she could whip up a new one easily.)

It would be cheaper to buy a NOS Talon and have it fitted locally. I know what you mean about the crochet addicts. My dear old mum has repaired so many cuff knits, she's an expert now! ;)

deand

Didn't you have your old favorite ELC Werber for sale, at one time? I almost had my wife agreeing to the purchase, then we saw our winter tax bill. :(

dean

Falcon_52

Zoomer:

Maybe you could try buying the correct repro Waldes zip from Good Wear and either use the puller or have the whole thing installed locally. Just a thought...

Noel