• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

#2 Helmet Bag; ´Nam version with 433 TFS insignia and Spook

ties70

Guys,

here is the second attempt to pimp up a Pike Brothers helmet bag.
It features the squadron insignia for the 433 TFS, 8 TFW, also known as "Satan's Angels", stationed at RTAFB Ubon, Thailand.

The overall artwork is kind of a hommage to their CO, Col. Robin Olds, and features the name of his F-4, with which he downed two Migs on 20 May 1967. Spook, the F-4 mascot, therefore does not show the usual letters "II" but two stars. I am tempted to add a moustache, as it was Olds personal "trademark"...

As you will have surely noticed, this bag has not been washed, yet, so the artwork is crisp and sharp.

spook_flat_zps0dvmvx7p.jpg

spook_satan_zpsvbcje8lf.jpg

spook_scat_zpsfpehnryl.jpg

spook_filled_zpsnfwywxba.jpg

My wife has told me that I can't keep them all, so this one is for sale. If somebody is interested and wants something added (name stencil etc.) just let me know.

Best regards,

Ties

FlyingYankee

Re: #2 Helmet Bag; ´Nam version with 433 TFS insignia and Sp

PM sent, Robin Olds leadership style is legendary in military flying. November is Mustache month in Cuba.

dujardin

coolllllllllllllllllll

well done

Rutger

Great. I really want one. I think I'm too late already though :( .
If possible, I'd be happy to get one too. Give it a thought, and just let me know if and when you're up to it.