• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 USS JFK WEP Skippers Jacket

Maverickson

Hi All,

Wanted to share my latest pick up with the Forum members. Today, I stumbled upon a jacket which turns out to be my first issue WEP. Besides being in great shape what is most unusual about this jacket is that it comes from the family of the 1975 Skipper of the USS John F. Kennedy. Check it out!

099-1_zpsb8ee75a3.jpg

102_zps11d37c31.jpg

101_zps6d8be906.jpg

103_zps2eeec2aa.jpg

105_zps4b68b5ea.jpg

100_zps5ca887ed.jpg

After spending some time fooling around the zipper and then giving it a good working over I finally got it to come around. Overall, I'm pleased with this jacket's condition. It is clean enough & there are only a few moth nips here and there to the collar. The cuffs look to be pristine. Being a size 44 I could not ask for a better fit! Maybe at one time or another these WEP jackets came in a shorter length but this jacket's body length (25.00") does not bother me. As a matter of fact when worn it feels exceedingly comfortable.

I'm pleased with my new arrival :) and happy to be adding it to my collection!

dmar836

Great jacket. Love those cuffs!
I would get a name tag made, slap it on, and wear it!
My WEP doesn't have those scalloped cuffs, history, or the cleanness of that one. Nice one!
Dave

MikeyB-17

That's in excellent shape for one of those-normally the linings get knackered around the waist on the inside. Well played that man!

bebel

Good find!
The WEP jacket is one of my preferred jackets though I like more the first model.
Franck

Willy McCoy

Your new jacket is very, very nice. I have three early ones that are great in the cold weather. I just wear a T-Shirt or utility shirt and stay warm !! Now get some black Leavenworth Oxfords and your set.

dilbert

Great jacket and from the looks it wasn't worn much. Some guys didn't care much for this jacket and hardly ever wore them. A buddy in an A-3 squadron was issued one and said he never wore it preferring his G-1 instead. Not all squadrons were issued these jackets, either. Another buddy flew S-2's out of North Island (San Diego) and said none of the squadrons there had them but he flew with some guys out of NAS Quonset Point (Rhode Island) who did. They were subject to colder weather. I flew P-2's and never saw them in the Patrol community, either.

I think they are really nice looking and comfortable. I wouldn't have traded my G-1 for anything but I like the lighter weight of these jackets.