• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1950's Motorcycle helmet

a2jacketpatches

A little rough but worth a restoration I think. I only paid a buck for it so at the very least I know the ins and outs of 50's Moto Helmets from researching this one enough to spot the good ones.

a2jacketpatches

Don't see a size marking anywhere but pretty small, it just rests on my 7-1/2 dome. Inner measurement from front to back is *'', across is about 6.5 inches. I'll run a tape around the inside some time today.

Persimmon

Your not going to wear it I hope !

Even with modern helmets and the great technology on offer it is recommended to change them every 7 years. No helmet lasts.
Your head is a very important item to protect. How much is your head worth ?

Would be a great restored showpiece though to display with a vintage bike.

a2jacketpatches

Yeah, maybe as a knee pad :lol: No I'm not sure if this would fit my Chihuahua Bubu. Just a cool old helmet that would look great on display with a new paint job. I'm on the hunt every opportunity I get to buy cool old guy stuff.

a2jacketpatches

I've airbrushed and finished helmets, and worked in a body shop just to learn the ropes so I've got the know how. I just don't have the want to. For a buck I just grabbed it to flip and have it listed on Ebay now.

STEVE S.

a2jacketpatches said:
I've airbrushed and finished helmets, and worked in a body shop just to learn the ropes so I've got the know how. I just don't have the want to. For a buck I just grabbed it to flip and have it listed on Ebay now.

got a link?? may be interested in that

a2jacketpatches

That stuff was back in the day of 1 MP cameras. Any photos I had were taken with a 35mm. Spent a lot of time and a small fortune figuring that out as well and when I finally did the 5 MP cameras were out. This is about when I gave up on the custom graphics idea because everyone and his brother was doing it. Some time in the next few years all of my photos and negatives ended up in the basement and got water damaged so I've got nothing to show for those anymore. This was all around 2000 when I finally set my sights on patch making and have been doing it since. I still use the airbrush regularly in it's most fundamental capacity for patch production and plan to get back into portraiture again. But the helmets, tanks, etc. are of no interest to me anymore. I've got some plans to paint a few portraits like Greg Boyington, Chennault, and some Thai Buddhas that my Wife can sell to local restaraunts. Ill see if I can find some examples of that for you. I prefer the free hand now as opposed to masking and detail work involved with moto-graphics. Here's Salvador Dali -

a2jacketpatches

Sorry Steve, didn't realize I only put up photos as I usually do put up a link.

Here it is in case anyone is interested, a little crispy on the inside band as clearly seen in the photo. The cloth liner and are web suspension are intact and seem strong but wouldn't recommend testing them, and the front band/bumper has lost it's thin leather covering from dry rot. All it's really good for now is display.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301749117656?ss ... 1555.l2649