• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940's FQHH belt-back Jacket (pics)

PADDY_M

Not a flight jacket, just a vintage leather jacket from the USA. Labelled as Finest FQHH, it's actually buttery soft (not heavy like the Aero FQHH). Fine belt back jacket, with two buttoned pockets to the fore and a vertical zipped pocket on the chest. Tapered into the waist with high armpits, typical of that era. Lined with a nice greenish rayon. Overall, in very good condition. The zip pull is a replacement to whatever was original to it. I've replaced it (thanks to a zip pull tuition session from Andrew) with a nice brass Talon, which is more akin to the jacket.
Well chuffed with it!!
LEATHERJACKET001.jpg

LEATHERJACKET007.jpg

LEATHERJACKET008.jpg

LEATHERJACKET012.jpg

LEATHERJACKET015.jpg

Roughwear

Paddy the jacket is very stylish and you wear it well. I'm glad the zip slider replacement worked out for you. :)

PADDY_M

Thanks for the positive feedback Gents. I'm 'over-the-moon' with this little number and it's refreshing to have more than just flight jackets to wear at times (ie: this is a tad more versatile to wear to more 'formalish' things than...say an 'A-2').

Can't believe the good nick it's in either and a bit of leather condtioner just brought it all back to life again!!