• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100th Bomb Group Museum Thorpe Abbotts

917_k

Finding myself back in Norfolk for the weekend visiting my family, I decided to pay a visit to the 100th Bomb Group museum at Thorpe Abbotts.

As luck would have it, this weekend was their re-opening weekend after winter (didn't feel much like Spring mind you) and there was a great buzz of activity on site, with plenty of visitors and a warm, welcoming reception from the volunteers. It’s the first time I’ve visited and I cannot recommend it enough. The jacket collection was especially impressive and now has me seriously hankering after an original A-2.

Anyway, here’s a bunch of photos, enjoy!

IMG_9310.jpeg

IMG_9313.jpeg

IMG_9339.jpeg

IMG_9338.jpeg

IMG_9321.jpeg

IMG_9286.jpeg

IMG_9291.jpeg

IMG_9279.jpeg

IMG_9275.jpeg

IMG_9261.jpeg

Cont…

johnwayne

Went there a good few years ago so this excellent post has reminded me I need to go again as it looks better than I recall! Ironically not so long ago I sent Grant a copy of the booklet from back then to go with his 100th Tribute jacket!! Also living SE London means I could actually do it in a day!!!