• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ Victory Girls

442RCT

I have a couple young ladies who want to be a VLJ Victory Girl.

This is Emerald:

365791206.jpg

This is Elizabeth:
365762501.jpg

This is Michelle
DSCF0054.jpg

bseal

Re: VLJ Victory Girl

Kudos to this year's most promising new member. This bud's for you.

zoomer

Chris217 said:
442, I nominate you for member of the year. :cool:
Seconded!

I initially preferred Emerald because I love redheads, but I also love Elizabeths - all of 'em - and both know how to wear a crush cap and an A-2, so I call it a draw!

Bring back Pilot Gal, though...PLEASE! Maybe she'd like an Earhart or Jackie Cochran style, like breeches or white coveralls.

A

Anonymous

442, you are an American hero!

Please keep up the good work, VLJ member of the year!

dav3469

jack aranda said:
Planes? Were there planes? :D

Yes, there were planes.... Of course I had to go back and look three times to find them..... :D

In no particular order, I think (other than the lovely ladies) you were working with:

L-29 Delphin

AN-2 Colt Biplane

Lockeed Harpoon WWII era twin patrol bomber

and maybe a later model Patrol plane-Neptune.

Hamsterbear

The jet is an:
Aero Vodochody L-29 Delfin

(Variants / Other Names: L-29A Delfin Akrobat)

I can't tell what the other plane is because there isn't enough showing to see what it is. It has a round engine as there is an oil cooler, it is a taildragger, maybe an An-2 Colt? Not big enough...(?)..
What airport are these planes at?
-B

dujardin

my preference is for Emerald......
and i will give no comment WHY....

byeeeeeee marcel

442RCT

dujardin said:
my preference is for Emerald......
and i will give no comment WHY....

byeeeeeee marcel

Emerald is a registered member of this website, I don't believe she's ever posted though.
Here are some of the things she sent to me in her e-mails to me:

"Hello, My name is Emerald, I am interested in modeling for the VLJ website. My style is very much 40's-50's classic and love the WWII era. I am 5'10", 125 lbs and I have red hair and green eyes. Although my back ground is in highline vehicle and vintage vehicle sales I have recently began to pursue my lifelong interest in modeling. Just last week I modeled for a college Fashion Show "Epicene" and I am in the process of building my portfolio. Attached is a photo from last Halloween, I dressed as a WWII military wife with a green dress and some vintage flight wings that were my grandfathers. (my underline)

Nice photos by the way of the blonde pilot in VLJ, I love the fact that she's a flight instructor, it really adds to her appeal. The artwork on the jacket is stunning, what an innocent yet racy time in American history! Those men had extraordinary courage and I can see why they loved the girls they painted on their planes, you've got to have something to bring you strength in difficult times. Quite fitting that the site should have its own pinup girl! On that note I should show you the green dress I have, it's very 50's pin up and looks stunning on me. I'm all about classy sex appeal and I've borrowed so much from the 50's to create my own personal style.
"

dav3469

Hamsterbear said:
The jet is an:
Aero Vodochody L-29 Delfin

(Variants / Other Names: L-29A Delfin Akrobat)

I can't tell what the other plane is because there isn't enough showing to see what it is. It has a round engine as there is an oil cooler, it is a taildragger, maybe an An-2 Colt? Not big enough...(?)..
What airport are these planes at?
-B

Exactly right, its a AN-2 Colt... One of the pics in the series has a frontal view , were you can make out
just enough (plane that is) to tell its the AN-2

442RCT

You guys are really, really good !!!
Here are some better views of the planes.
A bonus point for IDing the country markings for the Delpin trainer.
Extra points for IDing the shell of the aeroplane with the folded wings.
DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0006-1.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

dav3469

I think the incomplete aircraft with folded wings is an AF-2S Guardian..... USN patrol/antisubmarine aircraft.

The delphin is sporting Bulgarian roundels I believe.

Jason

Grumman S2? Beautifully preserved Neptune there too.
Emerald gets my vote!

442RCT

dav3469 said:
I think the incomplete aircraft with folded wings is an AF-2S Guardian..... USN patrol/antisubmarine aircraft.

The delphin is sporting Bulgarian roundels I believe.

We have a winner !!!! You got both bonus points exactly right !!!

How on earth did you got the shell of the Grumman Guardian ???
http://www.vectorsite.net/avguard.html