• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Harley Davidson jacket, help for identification

dr.raul

Hi,
a friend owns since several years this Harley Davidson jacket and would like to know what model it is, it's approximate age and what could be its value today.
Leather seems horsehide, the patina is wonderful even though there are bad cracks in the collar. The label is very faded, I suspect that the lining was replaced as it's in much better condition than the leather.
The zippers are Talon.
Any hint is appreciated
Thanks

20240605_212956.jpg

20240605_213023.jpg
20240605_213040.jpg
20240605_213048.jpg

20240605_213012.jpg

Silver Surfer

The talon zippers appear to be mid 50s, possibly early 60s. And the liner appears to be original…..at least at first glance. You should be able to get a label match by googling hd vintage jackets. The earlier hd jackets that I am familiar with are the ones that have front patch pockets, Ala a-2 jacket style, and the d pocket style Ala buco.

dr.raul

I just checked in Tanaka book and there is a black steerhide jacket like this identified as "W-style" jacket, my friend's one seemed more a brown horsehide to me but I could be wrong. Maybe this model was made in both hides?

20240606_075953.jpg

Silver Surfer

Looks like ya nailed it. Often hh and moo were used interchangeably, brown for most makers was a one off option. The jacket in your pic almost looks sand blasted, so I would venture a guess that worn in Arizona,Cali, nev or other state where blowing sand on the highways is a constant. What size is the jacket, by way of measurements?