• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star G1 in size 48

Thomas Koehle

Folks,

just arrived home is my new in the stash G1 Star Sportswear.

I got the jacket from our fellow forum member @Erwin very reasonably priced.

Since I’m not at home currently I asked my wifey to unpack the jacket and she confirmed the pristine condition.

So for the beginning just a few rough photos - some better detail shots will follow on the weekend …

Delivery from @Erwin to me took some time (those damn courier companies) the jacket developed some wrinkles. I don’t think it is serious but is there any technique/procedure to remove such creases?

Thanks to Pawel @Erwin for a smooth transaction!

3ce4c69d-a7e6-412b-bcde-682b8ab292da.jpeg
6b2da521-55f9-45d8-84f5-940c49234b5f.jpeg
f1810fe0-16a6-4fa7-8cfd-8a0ea99fce29.jpeg

B-Man2

That’s an outstanding piece of history and a great looking original USN G-1 jacket .
They are still out there, but they are being bought up and going into collections every day. This jacket will double in price over the next 7-10 years. Not so with repros of the same jacket. I know that you guys are probably tired of hearing me constantly talking about the benefits of owning originals over repros but at some point in the near future these will become as hard to find and as costly as original A2’s . Especially in these larger sizes . Many of you guys who have commented on my collection of nice looking original A2 jackets in sizes 46 and 48 might have figured out that many of those jackets were purchased years ago when originals were plentiful and cheap. So don’t miss the boat on cheap and plentiful original G-1s while they’re still out there. ;)

Thomas Koehle

That’s an outstanding piece of history and a great looking original USN G-1 jacket .
They are still out there, but they are being bought up and going into collections every day. This jacket will double in price over the next 7-10 years. Not so with repros of the same jacket. I know that you guys are probably tired of hearing me constantly talking about the benefits of owning originals over repros but at some point in the near future these will become as hard to find and as costly as original A2’s . Especially in these larger sizes . Many of you guys who have commented on my collection of nice looking original A2 jackets in sizes 46 and 48 might have figured out that many of those jackets were purchased years ago when originals were plentiful and cheap. So don’t miss the boat on cheap and plentiful original G-1s while they’re still out there. ;)

Exactly where i currently am!

As far as jackets go i redirected my interest from G1 (and variants) in general to "ORIGINAL G1 and variants" - didn`t order any more repops since months but found some really interesting originals some via our forum but most of them via WWW-search.

My oldest USN flight jacket is a ED CHURCH from 1943 and the "youngest" is a BRILL from 1976

Prices start from about 150.- Euro shipped ...

And yes there is still nice examples on the market - still some of them reasonably priced

Y27nmdy.jpg

Erwin

Jeezus, no wonder I can't find any 48s! :p
Not sure if can get another C type in this condition and ginger fur.....But I'm sure if the price is fair, an another late C in 48 size can be easily delivered ;) send me PM if you are still looking for one in 48 size.
1000006086.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts