• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some great color pics from the Korean war

Pilot

Wow! thx Phil, for sharing...

We had a post about this BR or RMCC’s “ clown” jacket...
here it is...but the original one...
Thx a lot Phil.
3AA8526C-0BD4-42D5-9CAE-B36DEC0D8295.jpeg

Last edited:

Griffon_301

I was amazed myself...some great pictures of jackets and the guys stuck in them there as well...
I loved that pic with the two guys wearing what I think are M-445 jacket stencilled LSS on the back watching flight ops on a carrier...

Pilot

I was amazed myself...some great pictures of jackets and the guys stuck in them there as well...
I loved that pic with the two guys wearing what I think are M-445 jacket stencilled LSS on the back watching flight ops on a carrier...
Plus a black Twin P-51 ...if I am not mistaken...Wow!

Griffon_301

Those Twin-Mustangs were insane beasts...and they scored the first A2A victories of the war while covering Seoul Airport in the opening hours of the war...

Btw that wrecked Corsair with the 5 kill marks must be the bird flown by the only USN ace of the war Guy Bordelon...IIRC this bird was wrecked in a landing accident flown by another pilot some time after Bordelon scored his kills (all against Bed-Check Charlies)

Griffon_301

Wow! thx Phil, for sharing...

We had a post about this BR or RMCC’s “ clown” jacket...
here it is...but the original one...
Thx a lot Phil.View attachment 30311

Wow, a TacRecon RF-86F...there were not much of these birds around...

That clown jacket might be worn by a flight ops guy...looks like the colors seen on some of the jeeps that were used by ops guys on the flight line...