• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not an Eastman ….

John Lever

Hey guys ….. most of you will see this and realize that this is not an Eastman Irvin but rather a Aviation Leather Craft Irvin …… but if you’re relatively new to this hobby you may not ….

Burt,
This is the jacket that is the subject of my ebay thread. Perhaps if more people report it then it might be taken down.

D97x7

It would seem saying something is different to what it actually is is fine with Ebay, so I thought I'd pop over and see if I could sell this bugatti ;):D
IMG_20240828_100839.jpg

Pilot

Neither is this an Eastman B-10, its a Buzz Rickson (likely bought from ELC)...
At least the BR B-10 is of much better quality in make and authenticity than the ELC one ( as already discussed in many posts :) ).. hence the buyer gets better and more …

Grant

At least the BR B-10 is of much better quality in make and authenticity than the ELC one ( as already discussed in many posts :) ).. hence the buyer gets better and more …
Respectfully disagree. I' own both BR and Eastman B-10's and Gary's is more authentic in cut, fabric and alpaca he uses. Also, I find the Eastman aplaca is warmer than my Buzz.
As a side note, the old Real McCoys Japan made the best Stagg B-10 years ago (not the current ones). Hands down, still my favorite reproduction B-10.

Pilot

Respectfully disagree. I' own both BR and Eastman B-10's and Gary's is more authentic in cut, fabric and alpaca he uses. Also, I find the Eastman aplaca is warmer than my Buzz.
As a side note, the old Real McCoys Japan made the best Stagg B-10 years ago (not the current ones). Hands down, still my favorite reproduction B-10.
Respectfully disagree…I had a WW2 RW B-10 and the ELC B-10 I had was far far away .. in authenticity especially… not to mention the cuffs and liner….
Fully agree though about the older RMcC’s B-10… they were unmatched.
Details were already discussed in an older post.
Anyway, I fully respect your opinion and experience.. mine was just different.

Grant

thanks for the pics. Here's a pic of my Eastman B-10. The shell material, alpaca lining and knits are all a very close to my original B-15. Also, the alpaca lining is almost identical to the old RMJ Stagg in thickness and warmth.

B1.jpg
B2.jpg

Last edited:

Pilot

Original Roughwear B-10 and B-15’s are made of different materials.
For comparison WWII Roughwear B-10 …
Photo on the ACME evaluation page.
IMG_1933.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts