• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mysterious Leather Jacket from my Misspent Youth

ERock

Hey gang! Boy was I happy to stumble across this site. I’ve been a leather jacket lovin’ lady since the early 80s and sadly now I’m finally letting go of some of my old beauties that my more (ahem) “mature” figure can no longer reasonably cram into. I’m in the process of slowly (and agonizingly!) thinning out my collection and I’d sure appreciate any info on this one, I always figured it was just some kind of odd Chinese knockoff of a Hartmann but I never really bothered to look into it because I was too busy being a surly teenager. Anyone have any ideas out there in the leatherverse? It is very much appreciated!
IMG_20240621_210130078.jpg
IMG_20240621_210106077.jpg
IMG_20240621_210258755.jpg

ERock

Definitely not a Hartmann knockoff, as those are famously short (barely making it to the belt-line) and fitted, while this looks more like a car coat model.
Thank you so much, I had no idea-- I suppose I was just spitballing from the similarity of the name on the label. Now I know something new about it (and kind of wishing I had a proper Hartmann when I still had the figure for a short fitted jacket, ha!) I appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

NorthBayRay

Thank you so much, I had no idea-- I suppose I was just spitballing from the similarity of the name on the label. Now I know something new about it (and kind of wishing I had a proper Hartmann when I still had the figure for a short fitted jacket, ha!) I appreciate you sharing your knowledge!
One of the overlooked benefits of collecting vintage clothing as a hobby is that it's a good incentive to stay in shape - everyone was a hell of a lot smaller back then. :)

Spitfireace

One of the overlooked benefits of collecting vintage clothing as a hobby is that it's a good incentive to stay in shape - everyone was a hell of a lot smaller back then. :)
I'm fortunate in that I'm 5'3 130lbs. I'm a 38 short. Only problem being even the ww2 jackets usually had sleeves a bit long for me. In WW2 when the sleeves in B-3's were too long they just cut them off with scissors and didn't take them to a tailor and get all fussy about how they looked.