• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first Original WWII A2

Adama36

Had a chance to acquire that jacket from the daughter’s vet. I am pretty thrilled about it. as it’s harder and harder to find these jacket in the wild

The Leather is nice and pliable and the zipper works well.
Except for the knits, the jacket is in a relatively good shape.

I was wondering if any of you, experts on the forum, could identify the model though

Thx
IMG_3764.jpeg

IMG_3763.jpeg
IMG_3762.jpeg
IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3758.jpeg
IMG_3757.jpeg
IMG_3756.jpeg
IMG_3755.jpeg

Silver Surfer

Brass zipper? If so, That should narrow it down to one of the last contracts. Ver nice condition, but you should reall get the salt deposits off of the hard wear, as well as clean up the zipper and parts. Reason is that the metal will disintegrate due to being compromised, and the zipper cloth will come apart where it meets the metal.

Adama36

Brass zipper? If so, That should narrow it down to one of the last contracts. Ver nice condition, but you should reall get the salt deposits off of the hard wear, as well as clean up the zipper and parts. Reason is that the metal will disintegrate due to being compromised, and the zipper cloth will come apart where it meets the metal.
Thx for the tip- Should I just brush them or should I try to clean them with vinegar or something?

Silver Surfer

Brush first. Than neutralize the metal with mild soap and water on a q tip..lotsa q tips. The zipper will require you getting in between the teeth, so what better than a tooth brush. Make sure everything is dry when done. Be gentle with the zipper, as it is ancient and may already be comprised, even though you may not see it. Interesting that the last dubow, and bronco seem to have only been made in small sizes. Gary confirms this in his book. Ya dun gud.

WW2 Buff

It looks like a DuBow to me too. The pointed collar and collar snaps can be seen. Something else I have noticed about the DuBow, compared to other WW2 period A-2s, there is a hump along the top of the waist band in the back of the jacket. The A-2 below is an example of the back of a DuBow:

DSC09466.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts