• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for info on B-15A Jacket

Dean76GP

I recently discovered an old flight jacket in my basement. How it got there is a mystery, but I think my parents bought it for me at an Army surplus store in the mid-1960's. It's a B-15A, size 34, USAAF. The tag says Cont. No. 33-038, 45-8966. I took it to a dry cleaner and they sent it to a leather expert to clean it. It survived the cleaning none the worse for wear. There are quite a few little holes in the cuffs and waistband fabric, which the cleaner said were moth holes. I spent $60 getting it cleaned. Is it worth at least that much? I see them on eBay and people are asking crazy money. I'm not trying to retire on the money I get for this thing, if I even find somebody that would want to buy it.

Attachments

• 20240925_222923.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 6,169
  • 20240925_222951.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 6,710
  • 20240925_222705.jpg
    13.2 MB · Views: 1,275

mulceber

Nice B-15A. Definitely worth someone money, and definitely more than you spent dry cleaning it. The downside is it’s a small size, so not many prospective buyers will be able to wear it. But no, the people you’re seeing on eBay aren’t dreaming with the prices they’re asking.

B-Man2

LOL. I would be thrilled to make $200 profit, which is about what I make in a day delivering food for the pizza store where I work.
If it’s an original WWII military issued jacket which it looks to be then that jacket is easily worth more than $200.
But you have to find a small guy that wears a 34 and who collects flight jackets . There used to be a couple here but I think that they’ve moved on. But that jacket is easily worth $500-600 to the right person , if there’s no other issues with it .

Dean76GP

If it’s an original WWII military issued jacket which it looks to be then that jacket is easily worth more than $200.
But you have to find a small guy that wears a 34 and who collects flight jackets . There used to be a couple here but I think that they’ve moved on. But that jacket is easily worth $500-600 to the right person , if there’s no other issues with it .
So maybe I should post it on a midgets forum? But they might want to only pay me half as much because they're half as big.

Dean76GP

Well, when I first found the thing a couple months agoand saw how small it was I figured it was probably for a ball turret gunner. They were usually really small men. If you're not sure what a ball turret is, they're under the bottoms of B-17's and B-24's. A few other planes as well.