• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KPEMIG Kanal Jacke

Emchisti

Does anyone have any experience of this seller? The jacket is clearly an ATF repro but I don't know if they're a stockist or if it isn't the genuine article...

Link

Pilot

Klaus Peter Emig from Speyer is a friend of mine and a great guy.
He runs his militaria shop since approx 30 years and is pleasant to deal with ( buying and selling ).
Can highly recommend him.

Emchisti

Klaus Peter Emig from Speyer is a friend of mine and a great guy.
He runs his militaria shop since approx 30 years and is pleasant to deal with ( buying and selling ).
Can highly recommend him.
That's good to know. I might pick one up from him then, as I missed out on the ATF run, last time.

Pilot

That's good to know. I might pick one up from him then, as I missed out on the ATF run, last time.
If you mean the fur « Luftwaffe » jacket he has in his list right now… its not a very good repro…. Plus its not a Kanaljacke but a « Winterjacke für -Überland-Einsätze »
A Kanaljacke was flown over the Kanal during the BOB.. hence its a summer light jacket.. in blue grey or in white…
Many other LW jackets are wrongly called « Kanaljacke « but during WW2 they were never used over the Channel…
If interested in the best available Kanaljacke summer light in repro …feel free to pm.

Shanghai-Mayne

With the greatest of respect, that's not really what I asked. Also, please let me know where I can get a good quality kanal jacke for less than that, if you think this one isn't worth it.
No mean to offend you, just saying good quality for about 300 euro, is impossible.
Last time I saw a good quality Kanal Jake, another German seller asked more than 450 euros.

Emchisti

For clarity, I mean this one. I'm after a winter flying jacket and really like the look of this one.

luftwaffe-kanaljacke-fuer-fliegendes-personal-groesse-s.jpg

Pilot

No mean to offend you, just saying good quality for about 300 euro, is impossible.
Last time I saw a good quality Kanal Jake, another German seller asked more than 450 euros.
… or more…
Again … pay peanuts get monkeys… at best the shells…
A good repro uses NOS fasteners, zip, hides fleece, linen, knittings , straps, buttons etc..more importantly the correct pattern and thread…