• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Carhartt Detroit a fake?

Cimmerian

From what you can see, is this likely a fake? Bought this from Vinted but apparently there are many fakes out there and now I am getting worried..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240621-155222.png
    Screenshot_20240621-155222.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20240621-155249.png
    Screenshot_20240621-155249.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20240621-155313.png
    Screenshot_20240621-155313.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 91

ButteMT61

I have a few Made in the USA models - agree, they're the best. eBay has some crazy prices though on those the last few years...save a search - sometimes you'll get lucky and find one that's not sky-high.

ButteMT61

@Cimmerian - I'd wager everyone here has been burned at the very least once, and then again.
No matter how hard you try, it happens sometimes...
When I've seen folks burned the worst is when something appears too good to be true, and they (I) rush to get it before any other rube. Turns out, I'm the rube. And not just with jackets - I've been burned with antique lamps, watches, you name it.

Cimmerian

@Cimmerian - I'd wager everyone here has been burned at the very least once, and then again.
No matter how hard you try, it happens sometimes...
When I've seen folks burned the worst is when something appears too good to be true, and they (I) rush to get it before any other rube. Turns out, I'm the rube. And not just with jackets - I've been burned with antique lamps, watches, you name it.
Thanks @ButteMT61 . Makes me feel a little better. Still annoyed with myself but will put it down to part of the learning process.

Enigma1938

I have a few Made in the USA models - agree, they're the best. eBay has some crazy prices though on those the last few years...save a search - sometimes you'll get lucky and find one that's not sky-high.
Well the prices increased that much because the current Detroits are a joke and the good older "not produced anymore" models are getting scarce cause people use them as hard work jackets and beat them to death.

B-Man2

I think that this subject and jacket would be a great subject for a thread comparing originals to less desirable current models and fakes. I would love to learn the differences between the original models and the current lesser quality Detroit Carhartts . Maybe one or two of the more knowledgeable guys on this jacket might be willing to do a collaborative post sharing their collective knowledge on this one . … Please ?

Cimmerian

I think that this subject and jacket would be a great subject for a thread comparing originals to less desirable current models and fakes. I would love to learn the differences between the original models and the current lesser quality Detroit Carhartts . Maybe one or two of the more knowledgeable guys on this jacket might be willing to do a collaborative post sharing their collective knowledge on this one . … Please ?
Great idea Burt!

Smithy

Funnily enough I don't think I ever mentioned I had one in all the time I've been a member here which is tantamount to a travesty, but forget that Carthartt crap and buy a Schaefer.

I bought a blanket lined work jacket from them when I moved here. Thing is bulletproof and damn handy.

B-Man2

Funnily enough I don't think I ever mentioned I had one in all the time I've been a member here which is tantamount to a travesty, but forget that Carthartt crap and buy a Schaefer.

I bought a blanket lined work jacket from them when I moved here. Thing is bulletproof and damn handy.
Tim
Not familiar with this jacket, any chance of seeing a photo of it?
Thanks

Smithy

B-Man2

They've changed since I bought mine but mine is closest to this...

https://schaeferoutfitter.com/colle...ine-brush-jacket-with-fleece-blanket-lining-1

I've got a few things from Schaefer and it's all brilliant. Great old school cowboy duds without any of the label wank that a lot of stuff has.

It's just work wear made to be used hard. Their jeans are damn good too.
Good looking jacket with a serious fleece lining and reasonably priced. Nice !
Thanks for the link .