• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irvin Shell color confusion

Jens

Hey,
I have ruined a Irvine style jacket some time ago by applying fiebings resole to restore the shine .
From that point on everything got worse and worse and I tried to remove the resolene .Then damage the finish and panic painted with acrylic paint to match the color .

Now I want to finish this dammed thing .
However the color of the jacket confuses me.

It is purple brown red all at the same time but every time I buy a Ral color which seems to match it turns out too red or purple .

Does anyone have a clue which color code it might be?

It is not a Aero but it had a similar dark purple color.

I also have to replace the Horsehide strips

Colour I tried .
Burgundy
mahaghoni
Chestnut brown

Jens

1728812580898..jpg

Jens

Why do things like this happening.I was trying out colors for the Horsehide strips and I think I accidentally mixed the correct color with burgundy and light brown.

Micawber

Colours varied so pick one that you like or can be seen in genuine period photos - mindful that photo prints, scanning and end user monitor settings can change image hues quite a bit. Those dyes will often leave a silver-ish sheen when fresh and new which can interfere with colour perception as can coating with Resolene [or similar] and hide foods. Trial and error is the order of the day - and that's speaking from experience.