• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help about sizing ELC STAR SPORTSWEAR before buying 44 or 46 ? I'm a 44R with "common" jackets

LV426

Hi ! It's been quite long time since I posted something here . I'm about to buy a beautiful quite new ELC STAR 28557 size 44 . The vendor did not respond me at that time and I would like to have your opinion about my choice .
I newly aquired a really nice old ELC Pearl Harbor sized 46 . The leather has a beautiful patina too. But it seems that it's a little large , for my taste only.
I'm 1m88 94kgs shoulders 48 cm / 18.89 . arm shoulde to wirst 62cm / 24.40 . chest 112cm / 44.09 . The ELC 46 is shoulders : 52cm / 20.47 . arm : 63cm / 24.8 , pit to pit 58cm / 22.83 . I must say that I own a FIVE STAR Dubow sized 48 and it fits me better , the ELC 46 is a very little too large ( my feeling ) . Is there a ELC STAR SPORTSWEAR 28857 sizing 44 and / or 46 that could help to make a choice ? Thank you !!The last pic is the 5Star Dubow zipped in a JC style ;p
20240927_102534.jpg
20240927_102621.jpg
20240927_102544.jpg
20240927_103856.jpg
20240927_103319.jpg
20240927_103618.jpg
20240927_103546.jpg
20240927_103402.jpg
20240722_102501.jpg

Last edited:

CK90

Hey LV. Unfortunately I can't help you with the jacket/s you're looking for, however I can say this - I think both the Star and Dubow look great! I like the slightly more relaxed fit of the Star but that's just my preference and also appreciate and respect yours. Both beautiful jackets!

ludospeed

it's the " Star ELC " 42 size in 2007 year. Shoulder width was 50 centimeters.
Rough Wear 1401P , 42 size shoulder width was 48 centimeters.
Sold since a long time.
My height 168 centimeters.

Attachments

• 36843255_492664274496864_9152573323501109248_n.jpg
    36843255_492664274496864_9152573323501109248_n.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 36830214_492665414496750_4050386401894596608_n.jpg
    36830214_492665414496750_4050386401894596608_n.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 15

LV426

my " pearl Harbor " was a steerhide leather and Havana color.
sorry for my english I'm french. :p
Alors ce sera plus simple ! Je suis un Froggy too ;) . Les deux que tu présentes , bien que de taille 42 sont légèrement différentes , les "contrats" n'étant pas les mêmes.RW semble plus juste au corps et la STAR , ample . Je me sens très à l'aise dans la 46 mais aimerait qqchose de plus cintré , un peu comme le résultat que j’obtiens en portant la 5Star. Je pense aller voir la boutique T Bird à Paris ( je suis sur Châtillon) , ce sera plus simple d'essayer là bas , ils viennent de recevoir un lot . Quand à l’annonce dont je parle je suis plus que méfiant. Sur LBC et Vinted , l'annonce est la même mais même si le vendeur est en ligne il n'y a aucune réponse à mes message et mon offre. Il y a aussi une annonce sur LBC qui était sur Vinted hier mais marquée comme vendu et ne l'ai pas sur LBC . Des vendeurs sans aucune évaluation. Dommage , très intéressant niveau prix ! sur l'annonce le prix est de 750eu , T Bird ça va etre 1580eu . Même pas mal ! je fais ça en attendant une GoodWear que je suis en train de commander , mais j'ai peur d'etre à la retraite avant de la recevoir !

Last edited:

Brettafett

Nice jackets, all.

I'm a 40" chest and would wear a 42 in ELC's Star. However, I found the shoulders and pits quite tight.
A 44 was just too large to wear, although the shoulders were better.

I'd have said a 46. The ELC 'house' jackets are roomier than most original maker contracts, at the same tag size, especially the Star.

LV426

Nice jackets, all.

I'm a 40" chest and would wear a 42 in ELC's Star. However, I found the shoulders and pits quite tight.
A 44 was just too large to wear, although the shoulders were better.

I'd have said a 46. The ELC 'house' jackets are roomier than most original maker contracts, at the same tag size, especially the Star.
So , if a 46 is quite large , as you see in the pictures , I could go to a 44 ? I have read some post telling that ELC size large. and even after write to ELC and having some advice the guy had a jacket one size too large. Watching the measure guide on the "History Preservation" , it seems that 44 could be my size .
A2-mesures.PNG

Brettafett

Fit is very subjective. Do you want to layer? Do you want zip it up comfortably?
Do you want a snug or a loose fit.

And dims dont tell the whole story.
Patterns, if done correctly, will differ & vary from maker to maker.
A Roughwears pattern is very different to a Dubow, is different to a Monarch, is different to a Star etc.

The ELC 'House' A-2s, like the Pearl Harbour etc are a bit roomier/ blousier than the original maker contracts. They are more 'generic', forgiving patterns.
So, your ELC PH 46 will likely fit roomier that a Star 46.

As advised above and its entirely my own opinion, but a Star 44 might be a bit trim.

Best thing would be to agree to be able to return the jacket if it doesn't fit, then you can try for yourself.

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

the current elc star a-2s are a little longer in length, and have slightly narrower mid bodies [kinda like m or g series navy jackets], as against dubows, rws, aeros, etc..

LV426

Fit is very subjective. Do you want to layer? Do you want zip it up comfortably?
Do you want a snug or a loose fit.

And dims dont tell the whole story.
Patterns, if done correctly, will differ & vary from kier to maker.
A Roughwears pattern is very different to a Dubow, is different to a Monarch, is different to a Star etc.

The ELC 'House' A-2s, like the Pearl Harbour etc are a bit roomier/ blousier than other original maker contracts. They are more 'generic', forgiving patterns.
So, your ELC PH 46 will likely fit roomier that a Star 46.

As advised above and its entirely my own opinion, but a Star 44 might be a bit trim.

Totally agree with you all the way. So many variations of cuts! In fact, since reviewing the ads and trying to contact vendors, I've noticed some red flags that lead me to look elsewhere. This time I will pay the price but it will be worth it. I live near Paris, there is an ELC approved seller (T.Bird you can find him on FB, Instagramm...). I contacted him and he just received some ELC Air Master , some with a weathered finish. The price will be accordingly but I prefer that rather than a bad experience while saving money.I will live some feed back !! many thanks for your advices !! ( I wish there were no Brexit so I could go in BG or place an order without customs fees or import taxes )

LV426

the current elc star a-2s are a little longer in length, and have slightly narrower mid bodies [kinda like m or g series navy jackets], as against dubows, rws, aeros, etc..
Thanx , I will check that in live . I will not go further with the vendor , he does not respond to my messages and I see the same on other sites with some small changes , RED FLAG . I will go to a "stockist" in Paris . I will pay more but what I'll see will be what I get , it's woth the time and money rather than having a bad experience without any option to undo the puchase!

Dany McDonald

he does not respond to my messages

Hey LV, that may lead to a painful transaction, follow your instinct and move along...

Personally, the fit of the 5 Star Dubow is better and I also think that the ELC 46 looks a bit bloussy but that's not necessarily bad in itself, like Brett has pointed out its very subjective but you have to love the skin in the end.

Just my two cents and good luck with the search!

D

LV426

Hey LV, that may lead to a painful transaction, follow your instinct and move along...

Personally, the fit of the 5 Star Dubow is better and I also think that the ELC 46 looks a bit bloussy but that's not necessarily bad in itself, like Brett has pointed out its very subjective but you have to love the skin in the end.

Just my two cents and good luck with the search!

D
I really love my "new Old" Pear Harbour , I have to wear it , it's like a new air cut , the 1st day you have the feeling to be another you ! Well , air cut style is finito for me , bone head all the way ! Yes , I love the Dubow style too . I will check and try the new ELC Air Master at T.Bird !!! It will be more more cool ! Thank for ALL man !! I'll let some feed back soon !! about the end of the next week . My wife 's gonna have a heart brake ... again !!!!! ahahahahaa

Last edited:

Grant

Vic and I both bought our Eastman Star's about the same time. I normally wear a sz 42 in Eastman maker A-2's but sized up to a 44 given the slightly smaller chest. My sz 44 started out big on me but has since broken down and fits great. The hides Gary used on this batch started out relatively smooth but with wear is developing some cool character. FWIW, I added the MASH decal.

Star1.jpeg

B-Man2

One size up seems to work for most, as the jacket tends to mold to your body over time. Early on I used to buy size 44s that were trim on me from the day they came out of the box. Over time I came to realize that they were always tight and not comfortable. Went up to a 46 and in some contracts a size 48.
Much happier with the results .

Silver Surfer

It’s an age thing, I reckon. Lean and mean when you are lean and mean, but as age and gravity take effect, comfort is prioritized.no more sleeves riding up to your elbows when driving.