• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Rough Wear 27752

Banzai

I was looking through this thread about the Five Star Rough Wear 27752 reproduction derived from an original example. Very nice work. One photo stuck out to me though, and that's of the shoulder epaulets. The Five Star jacket looked to be about 3/4" longer in the shoulder than the original. Maybe more. That means that the repro is a least 1.5" wider through the shoulders. Am I seeing things?

Why go through all the trouble of meticulously copying the collar, pockets, etc., only to change the pattern entirely?

I was looking at it because I was wondering, if Shawn had copied an actual, how close would his "off-the-rack" jacket be to what a supply sergeant would throw at a new pilot.

The measurements on his website for the RW 27752 are certainly unique among his jackets: very short, with rather broad shoulders. That also led me to wonder if perhaps he faithfully copied an example that had shrunk, while also bizarrely adding 1.5" in the shoulders. However, his shoulder measurements are in line with Eastman...if Eastman is a good copy. Shawn's sleeve and body lengths are shorter though.

Thoughts?