• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Distressed Buffalo

Cimmerian

Has anyone ordered a jacket in this and what are your thoughts.

Looking at this jacket as an easy to wear beater jacket as I love the style:

I know good things have been said about the visky horsehide but it is pricier and I prefer the darker colour of the buffalo..

Any and all thoughts welcome

leper-colony

From Facebook:

1717113439372.jpeg

1717113461499.jpeg

1717113488453.jpeg

1717113517793.jpeg

Pa12

Yes. Buffalo are Asia and Africa. Small head, look more like cows. The big headed woolly beasts of North America are bison. Can’t remember where the mislabelling started, but it’s so ingrained even First Nation people call bison buffalo.

Pa12

I would think so. I would imagine bison would be expensive, considering we almost wiped them out and have been trying to rebuild the herds for 100 plus years.

Pa12

I'm assuming the Five Star buffalo is made from Asian (? Water) buffalo?
A few years back , when we had motorcycles, my wife bought a jacket and saddle bags that were supposed to be buffalo hide. I’m no leather expert but I couldn’t tell them apart from cowhide. And man were they cheap. Ridiculously cheap. Made in either Pakistan or India, can’t remember which.