• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finding good replacement knits for A2 in Europe market + what is the result when replaced ?

LV426

hello , I think all is the titlle . I own an old Pearl Harbour ELC and they definitely need some new knits ( see pics ) . I know a good leather craftsman who ould do the job .
I'm living near Paris , so in the European market , I saw some in ETSY but from GB . The price is afordable but I would like to leave all the customs taxes and TVA plus delay .
Anyone have photos of jackets that had the same job on ? ( I saw a thread on fedora lounge , but rather to ask the question here ). The prob arent the holes but there is no more elasticity.
ThanX ! UPDATE : It seems that the same type of question has been posed earlier this year . Not quite the same . I found a link , this is it , what your thoughs ?
20241024_093947.jpg
20241024_093955.jpg
20241024_094213.jpg
20241024_094408.jpg
20241024_094419.jpg

Last edited:

Brettafett

So, those ETSY knits, stay away. Far away. They have a seam, as you can see. Not authentic.
Original knits do not have a seam. Your ELC deserves better.

Your options:

1. Get a local person to carefully darn the holes. Kick the problem down the road.
2. Send the jacket to ELC, they will replace the knits and do a proper job of it.
3. Purchase replacement knits and roll the dice with someone near you. Do it properly or you could devalue your jacket.
(Look at the recent Monarch G-1 post, B-Man just posted. Look at that horrible overstitching. You cant undo that).
Replacement parts from Eastman, MASH Japan or Headwind mfg

LV426

So, those ETSY knits, stay away. Far away. They have a seam, as you can see. Not authentic.
Original knits do not have a seam. Your ELC deserves better.

Your options:

1. Get a local person to carefully darn the holes. Kick the problem down the road.
2. Send the jacket to ELC, they will replace the knits and do a proper job of it.
3. Purchase replacement knits and roll the dice with someone near you. Do it properly or you could devalue your jacket.
(Look at the recent Monarch G-1 post, B-Man just posted. Look at that horrible overstitching. You cant undo that).
Replacement parts from Eastman, MASH Japan or Headwind mfg
Thank you for the advices ! about the 1st solution , I will ask to the craftsman I know . About the second , it will coast an arm to do so . 3rd , it's what about i'm thinking after reading your response . Puchasing the replacements from ELC or Headwin . ELC I think , the 3 A2 I own are ELC , except a 5Star .

Micawber

Obtaining tube knit [no seam] cuffs is easy from the places Brett mentioned but buying lightweight items like this from the USA is not to onerous with regard shipping & taxes. Finding a local worker competent in splitting one of the seam linings, turning the jacket inside out then dealing with stitching the combination of leather, cotton and wool will be your issue. It's not that difficult for someone with the right gear and experience. The results ought to be satisfactory.

Point them to this thread:

LV426

Obtaining tube knit [no seam] cuffs is easy from the places Brett mentioned but buying lightweight items like this from the USA is not to onerous with regard shipping & taxes. Finding a local worker competent in splitting one of the seam linings, turning the jacket inside out then dealing with stitching the combination of leather, cotton and wool will be your issue. It's not that difficult for someone with the right gear and experience. The results ought to be satisfactory.

Point them to this thread:

That's what I needed . Thank you for the advices and patience , I should have do somme better searches on the forum ;)