• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E Weiden 1960/70's mid-length touring leather jacket

Kaz

E Weiden Leather Tailor. 439 Elizabeth Street Melbourne was trading from early 1930's to 1990's.
This 1960/70's mid-length touring leather jacket embodies the craftmanship of hand tooled leather.
Built for endurance, style and all season wear in top-off open motorcar touring and motorbike rides.
I love it when leather is made well and lasts generations.
All of this unique item is original from the checkered cotton oil inner (with expected wear on bottom of jacket), zippers, to the lamb skin insert with matching press-studs as jacket, and everything works.
Cleaned inside and out, conditioned, and linseed oiled for weatherproofing.
Dad would ride a Triumph Tiger 500, with Mum on the back, to Elizabeth St and hangout in the 1950"s so cool

Attachments

• touring jacket label.jpg
    touring jacket label.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 23
  • touring jacket front.jpg
    touring jacket front.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 24
  • touring jacket back.jpg
    touring jacket back.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 23
  • touring jacket open half.jpg
    touring jacket open half.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 20
  • touring jacket vest.jpg
    touring jacket vest.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 18
  • touring jacket vest open.jpg
    touring jacket vest open.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 16
  • touring jacket vest studs.jpg
    touring jacket vest studs.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 22
  • E Weiden 1953.jpg
    E Weiden 1953.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_E9150.JPG
    IMG_E9150.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_E9151.JPG
    IMG_E9151.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

Micawber

Nice heirloom in super condition. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum.

The classified advert reminds me of hundreds of similar examples that regularly appeared in Exchange & Mart years ago. E&M was one of my regular weekly Thursday buys, I would spend hours scouring the tiny classified adverts for things and surplus gear to add to my collection or to trade on.