• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubbing and polishing Roughouts

B-Man2

So .. like most of you I’ve read about different ways WWII soldiers and Marines treated their rough out combat boots. Most of what I read described the basic treatment as “dubbing” the boots and then polishing them.
There are photos on the web of dubbed and polished rough outs so I thought I’d give it a try. My advice to all of you is……..
tmp.gif

There’s no better way to convey this to you other than thru photos, so here’s before and after photos of my Ralph Lauren Army Rough outs . Dubbing them is a good thing but polishing them …. Nah.
You can judge for yourselves.
Luckily I have 2 pairs :)

IMG_4362.jpeg

B-Man2

Burt I love you like a brother but fuck me, you use a little bit of dubbin, not the whole bloody container of Sno-Seal! And you don't polish the things ;)

Roughouts were combat boots for use in the field, not for dressing out. No GI in his right mind polished his roughouts ;)
Well …. Now you tell me !! :D:D;)