• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darkening a leather jacket

Dodong Yer

It’s been quite a while since anything was posted in this thread, but based on another thread regarding Hartman Jackets I felt that posting this option here in the bargain basement was appropriate. I purchased this jacket a few years ago, it’s not an exact accurate repro but for the price of $277.00 I think that it’s worth a look. It’s here in this link .

It should be noted that I had to darken the jacket to get it to this color after I received it.
As always : Its your money ….. you make the call.
View attachment 140497
Hi there, I Am a rookie (newbie), question about how to darken a leather jacket. Thanks.

B-Man2

Hi there, I Am a rookie (newbie), question about how to darken a leather jacket. Thanks.
Hi
There are a couple of ways to darken a leather jacket , from using dyes, to using rub on color creams that will darken the jacket but they will eventually come off and lighten up a bit but will leave a little darker finish than you originally had .
Why not show us a photo of your jacket and tell us what you’d like to do . Then we can comment further.

Dodong Yer

Thank you very much for the quick response. I liked the color of your jacket that leads to ask the question. Sorry I don’t have a jacket to darken the color. I was just asking for some knowledge and hoping to use it in the future. Sorry if I offended someone that I’m in the wrong thread. Thank you again B-Man

lisarobbert

Hi
There are a couple of ways to darken a leather jacket , from using dyes, to using rub on color creams that will darken the jacket but they will eventually come off and lighten up a bit but will leave a little darker finish than you originally had .
Why not show us a photo of your jacket and tell us what you’d like to do . Then we can comment further.
I tried dying it but my jacket got ruined.